• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I almost Died Two Nights Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

David1959

Confident
I had the strangest thing happen two nights ago, I woke out of a sound sleep and could not breath, literally no inhale and no exhale other than a minor trickle. This went on for 2-3 minutes, my wife was freaking out and trying to clear my throat but there was no obstruction. Slowly over about another 10 minutes my breathing returned.

Turns out this is what it was:
What is a laryngospasm?
Laryngospasm refers to a sudden spasm of the vocal cords. Laryngospasms are often a symptom of an underlying condition.
Sometimes they can happen as a result of anxiety or stress. They can also occur as a symptom of asthma, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), or vocal cord dysfunction. Sometimes they happen for reasons that can’t be determined.

I have made an appointment with the Voice Clinic I have seen before about vocal chord issues but I am sure this is related to my PTSD

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick follow up. Went to the Dr who confirmed a Laryngospasm. The good news is he said it might never come back but if it does he taught me how to counter it.

What caused this, all part of a neuropathy issue I have that actually my be tied to my PTSD. The journey continues

I'm glad the doctor supplied an answer and some tips. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Sounds scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back