• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Irrational Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnolia

Learning
I am terrified of bats. When I was a teenager I thought it was a past-life kind of thing. Recently, I was in a hypnosis session and when the therapist said 'bats' I got the flash of a scrotum. Gross. Still trying to figure it out. I didn't say anything about the picture that flashed in my brain, but it's got me determined to figure it out and conquer it.

I've had an irrational phobia of toilets since I was little, specifically looking down them and worrying something horrible will be in it even though I know that's ridiculous they still terrify me. I go to the toilet backwards and haven't looked down my toilet in years. I still to this day have no idea why I have the phobia. I've tried hypnosis multiple times to try to get over my phobia not find out why I have it and it didn't work for me.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but, I had someone do hypnosis on me and inadvertently took a horrendous situation and redirected it to 'clowns'. Massive panic attacks even if someone said the word.

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has helped me with phobias. Also Matrix Re-imprinting. Also there is some information regarding NLP that helps with phobias. I hope this is helpful. If not, sorry, that's all I have for you! ;-)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but, I had someone do hypnosis on me and inadvertently took a horrendous situation and redirected it to 'clowns'. Massive panic attacks even if someone said the word.

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has helped me with phobias. Also Matrix Re-imprinting. Also there is some information regarding NLP that helps with phobias. I hope this is helpful. If not, sorry, that's all I have for you! ;-)
Mainly, I was wondering if it was common experience among survivors.

Can you say more about the Emotional Freedom Technique?

What is the word on exposure therapy? I imagine it could be quite traumatic on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back