1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

No one to reach out to today...

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by Florian7051, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

ladee likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Rugby02

Rugby02 Member

@Florian, etc. I've got an idea and I wanted to run it past you all to gain insight. Right now I volunteer in a Veterans' Mentor Court where we help vets detained (not necessarily arrested) by police for drugs and alcohol issues. Anyway, I'm keen to create an Appalachian Trail program for the vets able & willing to hike part or all of the AT. My start date is 2019. I've got a judge keen for me to go forward with it.

Would any of you be interested in such an event? Any and all suggestions are welcome. I've got one combat vet interested so far. Also, should I be starting a new thread with this topic? lol

Freida and LuckiLee like this.
  4. Florian7051

Florian7051 Well-Known Member

I definitely think you could start a new topic and gain quite a bit of feedback from quite a few followers. I'm not too familiar with the AT, but I just ran a Google search on it and saw it was 2,200 miles (not sure how rugged the terrain is). I know I couldn't hang in for a hike of the full trail. In addition to PTSD/TBI I also have back issues and that would be out of the realm of realistic for me. When you say a "partial" hike what did you have in mind? How many miles? Starting point and ending point? Where are you based out of? Just trying to gather more info to be able to give you more insight...

Freida and ladee like this.
Show Sidebar