• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Only took 50 years to deal with my abuse.

Damn... now you're making me cry.

I have EMDR this afternoon. That is, if he doesn't cancel after he finds out insurance hasn't paid him since January.

I guess I'll go to work, and try to make it through the day. Thanks for always being there @somerandomguy
Hope your day was better. My go to statement- when shix falls apart or happens-I remind myself “This is just a moment in time” and
In the end, after waiting-it always does....eventually or I “find a way.” This phrase, that I say aloud, helps me from going dark and deep and staying there. Sending you positive energy!

Hope your day was better. My go to statement- when shix falls apart or happens-I remind myself “This is just a moment in time” and
In the end, after waiting-it always does....eventually or I “find a way.” This phrase, that I say aloud, helps me from going dark and deep and staying there. Sending you positive energy!

Thanks. Yeah, it improved... I finally got up the nerve to call the Insurance Company, and the person I sort of went nuts on calmly told me that it can take a month for them to pay, but I shouldn't worry... They definitely didn't stop paying for therapy.

I felt relief, but also embarrassed to have over-reacted on here.

And then I had EMDR... The feelings and emotions that came up wiped me out again. I spent the whole session crying. Remembering that as a kid I used to punch my fist through walls and doors - and I'd get beaten for doing it.... and suddenly remembering wanting to die while he was choking and raping me...

I'm sorry that this is so dark... I think I'm sort of in a flashback.... Remembering EMDR is bringing the feelings back...

And the hits just keep on coming.... I've had the most intense flashbacks I've ever had.... Remembering new things.... that I don't want to be true...

At least a flashback a day, and today I've had three... I don't want to put the pieces together.... it hurts too much.... Each time, I'm back there..... and feeling more and more... I hurt everywhere.... I need to stop.... Can't handle it

Today has just about killed me. But I remembered the “smelling salts” like lavender, so I got out my little bottle of “Christmas Wreath” and took a sniff. That ended the flashback. Fast.

It’s been intense the last few days. We went and saw the IMAX documentary Apollo 11. Which I remember watching live on TV as a kid. In 1968. When I was 7. The year the abuse started.

The movie was real footage. In color. Of 1968. I spent an hour and a half loving the film, but also fighting off flashbacks the whole time.

And then. I don’t remember if I mentioned that I started watching Leaving Neverland a couple of days ago. The first hour, I thought, wow, it’s not bugging me at all. Then the first guy started to talk about sex.

I suddenly crashed and burned. I saw about five minutes of the guy talking about his abuse. As he started talking, I was back in it. It was so f*cking terrifying.

Five minutes of an interview, and then probably 5 hours of flashbacks.

I didn’t know what else to do except come here. I need to sleep I think. I’m exhausted.

Thanks. :hug:

Going to finally go back to the gym this morning... When I got my new tattoo last week I forgot I wouldn't be able to work out until it was healed enough... Along with all the flashbacks, I haven't been able to exercise at all.

I'm realizing that going to the gym really lowers my stress levels.... and around now is probably a good time to do that... I'm feeling on edge - like I'm ready to escape at any minute... and that's before coffee... ughh.

Thanks @somerandomguy

Going to finally go back to the gym this morning... When I got my new tattoo last week I forgot I wouldn't be able to work out until it was healed enough... Along with all the flashbacks, I haven't been able to exercise at all.

I'm realizing that going to the gym really lowers my stress levels.... and around now is probably a good time to do that... I'm feeling on edge - like I'm ready to escape at any minute... and that's before coffee... ughh.

Thanks @somerandomguy
Yeah- I got brave and went to water aerobics and got hit on by the instructor. Haven’t been in weeks. No is a simple word- I just am not a bar, drinking, dancing and karaoke kinda person and her job at her work was to instruct- not hit on her clients. Traveling a bit now- but want to get back to class too.It balances out my brain’s chemistry.
Good luck!

Yeah- I got brave and went to water aerobics and got hit on by the instructor. Haven’t been in weeks. No is a simple word- I just am not a bar, drinking, dancing and karaoke kinda person and her job at her work was to instruct- not hit on her clients. Traveling a bit now- but want to get back to class too.It balances out my brain’s chemistry.
Good luck!

That would be really frustrating. Hopefully there's a class taught by someone else who acts professionally you can go to, @Wilbur. I think working out is good for us - when there aren't jerks involved...

Back