• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Rant and complain thread open to all supporters

Oh, sorry. Thread showed up again.

I am feeling a bit isolated because my country is in lockdown (Lockdown light) again. The second wave of coronavirus is mich bigger them the first. Many people are dying and others are crippled. I am trying to be cheerful for my Vet and the kids but this is our worst christmas time EVER so far and you know He never liked it. This area is badly affected. I habe lost my great-uncle and my vet has lost a guy working for the company he works for. Currently 400 die every day (would be 2000 in the U.S.).

How are you coping? I have heard that the vaccine was already aproved for the US. Are they already vaccinating the first people? It has not been approved for the european union yet, but most likely will be soon.

We have the vaccine approved, but nobody has started receiving any yet. I believe medical personnel and first responders get the first doses in my state by the end of the month. The rest of us have to wait. They’re prioritizing medical staff first, then people who live and work in nursing homes after that. I think the elderly and compromised have dibs after them. We’ll be lucky to get any by spring.

Hello!
How are you and your guy doing? Hope you are well + also feeling okay. I really don’t like 2020. My guy is quite scared especially because a guy from him work died. My great-uncle died but somehow I am feeling pretty numb. He was in his 90s and had been ill for years. We have been expecting that He dies for years. Infection rates habe beein pretty high now for weeks. First I was scared but now I am not scared anymore. More like feeling numb to it and I catch myself paying no attention to hygiene rules and habe to tell myself „Are you crazy? Pay attention to the hygiene rules“. Don’t get me wrong. Wearing a facemask, wash my hands and so on... but I catch myself washing my hands sloppy. Vet and me quarrel a lot, basically Vet mad at me for paying no attention to the rules. Dunno, I don’t do it on purpose. But just cannot be scared all of the time. Difficult to explain to somebody with ptsd I guess because they feel scared all of the time.
My vet is still prepping for everything going wrong before we have the vaccine, food shortages.

You know what he is like. Is your Vet still not afraid of the virus?

Are you in lockdown? We are in lockdown light. People have to work, Students have to e in school. Shopping allowed. Most other things forbidden. Feeling lonely.

We do not know who will priorized yet. A proposal will be published by a commission this week.

We’re not in lockdown at all, and the positivity rate in my state is over 15%. Welcome to America. If we all die, oh well.

I think that I’ve HAD to get over it, because my job is high exposure, and I have no choice about working remotely. I have to eat, so off to work I go. Vet is finally starting to show some stress about all of it. Not fear about the virus, but maybe frustration with the situation? That’s and he’s heated about the political shitshow that’s going on in our country. Throw that on top of the holidays, and it’s been fun.

You don’t have to be scared all the time... that’s totally normal. Being cautious is good enough. We’re all fatigued with this mess. All I want to do is get prettied up and go out!!!

Are you okay? I have heard that there is hunger now in the USA. Do you need help?
We are in full lockdown now.
My Vet is all doom and gloom because of the mutant. He is adding more things to out prepping stash. Right now he is writing a list. I feel we might catch it. I am not sure. We might of might not catch it, but most likely we will live because we are young. I have a good feeling about this. Most likely we are not going to die. I am worried for the older folks I know though and have been praying that they protect themselves. It is actually much easier for older folks. But I have a good feeling that they will be alle to protect themselves.
It has been hard to cope with him being in such a gloomy mood and I cannot go out. I have been skyping with friends and family. We are gonna have a skype christmas. I have pulled the kids out of daycare again when the case numbers started raising again, that was soon after they started attending daycare again. Feeling so sorry for them. Not sure when the schools will open again. I hope not to soon but on the other hand feeling sorry for our son.
Those are bad days for all of us but especially for my Vet, who does not eat and does not sleep and is being sad and doom and gloom and I cannot really help. For me I feel that this is the bigger danger they the coronavirus for him, do you know what I mean? He told me he feels like giving up hope... like not yet, but nearly.
I have asked him again and again to stop reading about the coronavirus and stop reading about the number of dead but he does not want to. The last thing he does at night: Reading coronavirus news ticker. He is afraid to close his eyes at night... and first thing he does in the morning: read coronavirus news ticker. Any advice?

We’re personally doing fine financially, but many are not. I’ve been back to work for awhile and vet is on a pension so our income is normal right now. A lot of people are struggling here though. We just do not have the same kind of social safety nets here that other countries do.

Covid is so rampant here I think most people have just made peace with it. The response in the US has been f*cked since the beginning and it definitely has not improved with time.

I’m actually optimistic since vaccinations have started... does that cheer your husband up at all? At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

The only advice I can give you is to not let it suck you in. Just because he is obsessive with something doesn’t mean you have to participate. If he needs to check the tickers that’s fine, but you don’t have to listen to him talk about it every single time he does. If you need a Covid break tell him... especially with it being the holidays. I think no Covid discussion on Christmas Day would not be too much to ask for.

My Vet was not so optimistic about the vaccination because the EU bought fewer doses of the biontech vax. It was invented in Germany, paid for by German taxpayers money, but the US bought most doses before the EU could. Hope you all sing the German national anthem if you happen to be vaccinated with Biontech.
However today I learned that another vax is most likely going to be approved soon for the EU. I will tell my Vet when he wakes up. It is 1120 but he is asleep now because he did not sleep well. He does not have to work today and I decided to let him sleep. I think he will feel happier when he learns about the news. He was all doom and gloom about the prospects to get vaccinated for the younger population. In priority one they are only vaccinating the elderly (80+) and ICU personel.
I asked him not to mention the coronavirus on christmas and he mentioned It only a few times. We had a Skype christmas, skyping with friends and relatives. Was actually nice. How about you?
I could ask him not to talk about bis fears with me, think he would do it, but he still would feel afraid. He is such a nice guy. Surrounded by his trigger now but still so nice and friendly. Okay I posted a few times about hin being not so nice... but typically he is very nice, very friendly. Because he has been working from home now for a long time and because we stayed at home a lot a saw so much of him during this pandemic and we still get along. One couple, friends of ours, are going to be divorced because they quarreled so much since he started working from home... and I think a lot of people quarrel more. But we do not.
I do not want him to feel sad and alone.
He still is so clingy. Obviously cannot stand to be alone those days.

Forgot to mention that it is the new mutant that makes him so scared because it is said to be even more infectious. Just saw in my post above I wrote we quarrel a lot. It is actually not true. It is just really important for him we follow the hygiene rules. Yes and we argue about this, but apart from that he is just being so nice though that all is very stressful for him. Never (or nearly never) quarrels about anything not related to the virus... and I do not even know why I wrote this.

German engineering but not German art of deal.
Did you ask if the anthem was “risen from the ruins“ before you edited? No, it is not. That was the anthem of the German Democratic Republic but it is not a bad question. A lot of people from other countries think it is our national anthem. But the anthem of the federal republic is “Unity and justice and freedom for the German fatherland“. However you can also wave a German flag or play classical music 😉

Back