• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Recently diagnosed PTSD and struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I was diagnosed just last year when memories of my father sexually abusing me resurfaced. I'm still navigating how to cope with the flashbacks and aftermath of my family finding out. It has been really difficult for me. I also just recently got out of a very abusive relationship and I'm still mentally and emotionally scarred from it. At times I feel like giving up... I just wish there was a way to stop this. I always find myself asking: why me? What did I do to deserve this? I was so much happier before all this... now it just feels like I will never be happy again. I came on here because everything has been really overwhelming and my friends and family don't understand my strife. I'm in the process of looking for a new therapist (my last one wasn't the best fit) so I'm hoping I can find some solace in talking to others who are going through the same or similar things. It's nice to meet you all :p

Welcome to the forum @bluedreamdaydream
Sorry that you are having to deal with all that you are but I hope you find this place helpful and supportive - people here are good at listening.

Thank you for kind words, I really appreciate it! I can already tell that talking on here will be good for me.

Welcome @bluedreamdaydream. Sorry for the reason you had to seek us out, but am glad you are here.

You will be met with support and understanding.

Thank you so much!! I'm glad I am here too, I think it could be really helpful!

Hi, bluedreamdaydream.

I have felt and/or am feeling every feeling you're describing. Childhood sexual abuse really messes with our minds and lives. I'm so sorry you had to go through it, too.

I hope this helps you:

Why did it happen? Because your father (and I use that term loosely) is an abusive a**hole.

Why did it happen to you? Because you had the unfortunate misfortune of being born to a creep (your father).

What did you do to deserve this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You didn't deserve one instant of abuse, and you don't deserve its painful legacy.

Nothing about this is fair. Nothing.

Everything you are feeling at this time is completely normal given the hell on earth you've been through. Overwhelmed - it's overwhelming to have memories of abuse flooding your mind and senses. Misunderstood - unless someone has been through it there is no way for them to ever "get it."

Searching for a therapist who you click with is vital to healing. Trust your initial instincts. Don't settle. The right therapist makes all the difference.

I'm sending you safe hugs and hope for healing. ???

Welcome, @bluedreamdaydream :)
I had just recently left my abusive relationship when I joined this site a couple years ago, and it has been a great help in navigating that aftermath.

Don't give up. There are so many bright and wonderful things on your horizon now that you are free.

Thank you for the encouragement, I hope this site can provide the guidance and help it did for you to me as well. It makes me hopeful that you say that because, as you know, being in an abusive relationship tears you down and makes you feel like nothing. I hope joining here could be a step in a right direction and help me learn to cope with everything going on around me.

Thanks again for your response, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Hi, bluedreamdaydream.

I have felt and/or am feeling every feeling you're describing. Childhood sexual abuse really messes with our minds and lives. I'm so sorry you had to go through it, too.

I hope this helps you:

Why did it happen? Because your father (and I use that term loosely) is an abusive a**hole.

Why did it happen to you? Because you had the unfortunate misfortune of being born to a creep (your father).

What did you do to deserve this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You didn't deserve one instant of abuse, and you don't deserve its painful legacy.

Nothing about this is fair. Nothing.

Everything you are feeling at this time is completely normal given the hell on earth you've been through. Overwhelmed - it's overwhelming to have memories of abuse flooding your mind and senses. Misunderstood - unless someone has been through it there is no way for them to ever "get it."

Searching for a therapist who you click with is vital to healing. Trust your initial instincts. Don't settle. The right therapist makes all the difference.

I'm sending you safe hugs and hope for healing. ???

Hi!! You are so sweet!! :)

I'm sorry that you also had to go through the same things/feelings as me. Yeah... childhood trauma really does a number on you.

I was not expecting this level of support and kind words.

I agree with you that nothing about this is fair but it sure is a comfort to know there's a whole community out there going through the same thing.

Thank so much for your message, it made my day 10x better by reading it. Usually I wake up already feeling down but I read your message and felt so uplifted. <3

@bluedreamdaydream , I was also recently diagnosed and totally feel the same as you do - a little out of my depth and not knowing where to even start with recovering as I haven't been able to see my therapist due to the virus. Glad to know I'm not on my own! xxx

Yup! These are really hard waters to navigate on your own, that's why I came on here to get some support and advice. You're not alone! If you ever want to talk about your experience or what your feeling, we can chat. <3

Hi!! You are so sweet!! :)

I'm sorry that you also had to go through the same things/feelings as me. Yeah... childhood trauma really does a number on you.

I was not expecting this level of support and kind words.

I agree with you that nothing about this is fair but it sure is a comfort to know there's a whole community out there going through the same thing.

Thank so much for your message, it made my day 10x better by reading it. Usually I wake up already feeling down but I read your message and felt so uplifted. <3

You are welcome. I'm glad you can start your day a little lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back