• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Shortness Of Breath...difficulty Talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powder

MyPTSD Pro
Is it common for young PTSD (30's) sufferers in good physical condition to not be able to speak after walking only a few yards due to shortness of breath lasting longer than 20 minutes a few minutes after the short walk?

I am trying to figure out if this is due to PTSD or if I need to be checked by my Dr.

Thank you,

Muse

If you don't have a diagnosed respiratory condition, you're not having an anxiety/panic attack, and you don't normally have breathing difficulties after walking.... you should be seen by a doctor now. If the breathing difficulties are so bad that you can't speak a full sentence (6+ words) without having to stop for a breath, you need an ambulance.

Is it common for young PTSD (30's) sufferers in good physical condition to not be able to speak after walki...

I definitely think you should see a doctor to rule out any physical condition with these symptoms.

Welcome to my world...that hit me suddenly about two years ago, complete with blue lips. After ruling out immediate physical reasons, anti-anxieties now keep my lips from turning blue but I still haven't been able to return to my previously VERY active lifestyle. It sucks, I hate it, and I never stop trying to push myself the way I did before, often with crappy results and needing 2-7 days to recover...

Check into "Adrenal Fatigue". That may have something to do with it, especially if you've had a high-stress existence for a while.

Please see a doctor as soon as possible

I get this but it's because I have very low iron levels, it came on quite suddenly and it's very frightening

Truth is, I had this a lot in 2011 after walking very fast and then having to teach. I felt very breathless. Even just going up a flight of stairs. I thought it was because of the PTSD, post flashbacks, my body felt "different."

Now, I think that I get "flares" of this that are progressively increased levels.

Comparing notes with my only sister who also has PTSD (same dad/abuse) and she also has the same breathlessness, but notices it most lying down in bed on her side. Same for me. We get heart pounding and arrhytmias if we don't move and lie flat after that breathlessness, tight chest sets in.

My tests say Lupus/Sharp's. Sharp's symptoms fit. Pulmonary Hypertension in severe symptoms is Sharp's (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease).

So it's not "new" for us or our family or me, but it's "worse."

So I'm hearing, only with panic attacks, not just daily life. Okay. Thank you because that confirms that I need to keep pursuing my medical diagnosis with these symptoms. They are nothing to ignore like I have before.

Cheers, and glad to have an EMT and those with personal experiences to share.

Reactions: C j
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back