• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

UPDATED - Today’s Session - New Diagnosis Of CPTSD & Increasing Session Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor27

Learning
My therapist has added the diagnoses CPTSD to my file. Also the dissociation that causes me to lose focus and other things related is high on the spectrum of how I see myself. I tolerate pain very high and I don't accept myself as a person.

The test revealed allot of how im not grounded and still living in the past. I feel like this test really helped her to understand me so much more and the work we do will be slow. I go every 3 weeks and she would like me to start coming in ever 2 weeks I think thats a good plan. I will ask her to change my appointment time to every 2 weeks when I see her on Jan 7th It was a very good session. She is very well trained in trauma and addiction.

She also assured me that she really cares about me and is really committed to helping me over come my trauma. She knows I have a real fear of abandonment and she is okay with me talking about this without being told she can't see me or decrease our sessions.

had my first therapy session for 2021. It was a very productive session. I was going to therapy every 3 weeks and now I will be going every 2 weeks to work on trauma and dissociation. I just wanted to share some good news.

Thank you for sharing @Taylor27 🙂. I hope you get even more out of it and it continues to be super helpful.
You are a big part of why it's working. You are, no doubt, doing the hard yards. I hope you give yourself a pat on the back for engaging so fully and making the most of the support.
It's, obviously, paying off.😄

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's session was intense and it went very well. I am starting to go deeper and explain more about my trauma and how it effects me. She is helping me to use the container and try to take a break from what is overwhelming me on a daily basis. Slowly I am working towards doing EMDR with her in time.

She wants me to attend a 12 week psycho therapy group thats is done at the clinic. She feels group therapy and one on one would help me feel supported. That probably wont be til the fall. I also have garden season with day program starting up soon and im looking forward to that.

We spent time talking more about dissociation and reconizing when im more present and some of the physical symptoms I feel when im anxious.

Seeing her every 2 weeks has been very good. I am so lucky because most clients only get 1 session every 3 to 4 weeks. Also when I go to group therapy she will make sure I still see her for one on one. It honesty feels so good to have a therapist that really cares about me. Thanks for reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back