• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Upgrade 2018 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookmarking Added

For those with more than 50 posts, you will have access to thread and post bookmarks. The bookmark is a small icon, located at the top of threads and on each post. It is set to quick bookmark. That means, no popup, no options, when bookmarking. You can manage and edit your bookmarks from your account bookmark settings page.

You will notice that both thread and post bookmarks will change colour once you bookmark, so you know what you have bookmarked, what you do not, just from the colour of the icon.

You can quick access your bookmarks next to your alerts, once you have a bookmark. Like your alert icon, you double click / tap the icon to go through to your bookmark settings page.

Quick and simple -- do all the editing of bookmarks after the fact, away from threads themselves.

Link System Monitoring

A system is now in place which monitors links, warns me of issues, and allows easy correction for me to any level. Example, it is currently rewriting a history of our URL using /c/ and rewriting all those links to our current non-use of the folder /c/ use.

Understand Google

Google has continually strived to present you, the searcher, only the highest quality, most accurate results. They strive for this in many ways, and a sites link quality is one. Who wants to browse a site with thousands of bad links that annoy you? Not many. So this cleans up our history to reflect an accurate 97% average accuracy for our links. That means when you click something, 97% plus times you should go exactly where you are expecting to go with a link.

Both usability and search rankings, this is an issue that has needed work. That is currently what is happening within this upgrade. Most of this is automated, little needs my attention, but it still takes time and is what is currently being worked on.

The reason this is important to be done now, where you may want features back, is that some features to be installed rely on link quality, and I would rather correct them now before installing further systems that rely upon them, than keep chasing my tail later.

The last 3% of inaccurate links will be picked up as users click them and they don't do what they're supposed to. We will change them or place redirects in so they do go where you expect them. Either way, the issue is being corrected, then monitored, then constantly corrected where any issues are found, going forward.

Progress is happening, you just don't necessarily see or notice these things.

Predefined Replies

Added to the 2nd upgrade, reached at 50 posts.

Predefined replies allow you to create saved replies that you use often, to quickly input them within a reply to someone. Access via your account settings. They only work for replies, not thread creation, which is not a reply to someone.

The title is only for your purpose - to identify what the reply contains.

You have a salutation option, which allows you to auto choose whether it automatically adds an automatic greeting based on your regional time settings, along with your username. You choose these options for each reply.

For example, I have created a reply staff use a lot, being to ask questions via the contact us system. I selected the "both" option under automated sentences. The courtesy adds, good afternoon, good morning, good evening, so forth, based on your timezone settings, automatically. Name adds your name below it.

Create one and play around with it in the test forum to see what each setting does.

You will see above the reply field your contact us titles:

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 3.10.41 pm.png

When the both salutation is selected, it automatically adds to my predefined message:

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 3.10.58 pm.png

My account timezone is set to Melbourne, Australia, and it is afternoon here, so it automatically knows to add afternoon.

You can select "none" to simply use your predefined reply, no salutation.

Play around with it in the test forum please, to avoid any mistakes for its use.

Second Usergroup Upgrade - 50 Posts

Default permissions: Upgrade 2018 changes
First automatic upgrade: Upgrade 2018 changes

At the second upgrade level, members receive:
  • Predefined replies
  • 30 minute edit