• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Waking to real pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Standing

MyPTSD Pro
Ugh... I just woke to discover that the pain I was having in my dream was actually real. This does not happen often...dreaming of pain. Took a pill hoping to rid or control it. My legs feel like they were overused and are rebelling. I don’t know what brought this on. My dreams were incorporating the pain as part of their scenarios and fortunately they were benign dreams... not the ones where I am weeping or in terror. But the aggravation of disturbed sleep still is frustrating. Does anyone dream of being in pain only to wake and find it real?

Does anyone dream of being in pain only to wake and find it real?
Rather often.... But I have a collection of old injuries that looks like Santa’s naughty list, am known to sleep oddly, and periodically break shit. It’s a bit weirder for me to be in pain in a dream, wake up, and realize I’m not in real pain & it was just the dream.

Either way? It’s a bit trippy to have those lines between the dream world and waking world blurred.

Yes, It's happened more lately. I think because I don't really go deep in my sleep and whatever thoughts or body aches I took to bed with me, demanded attention before I was ready to start another day.

I love this place. Don't care what ails ya, someone here has it too!! Hope your meds kick in and you can get some good sleep without pain.

Yep, the pain was mitigated with a pill. Such relief! Usually, I wake up screaming in terror or in a panic attack. This pain stuff was a bit of an insult. I don't need anymore of it.

To know that you all deal with this makes me want to pull out a magic wand and wave it over ya'll. Pain is so hard to deal with. As for @Friday, I bet we could have a scar competition! I can meet you scar for scar. My body looks like someone set up a miniature train track which branches over all directions!!! 😳 🙃

As for @Friday, I bet we could have a scar competition! I can meet you scar for scar. My body looks like someone set up a miniature train track which branches over all directions!!! 😳 🙃
<grin> I used to have annual competitions with a rodeo rider I sometimes slept with. His X-rays lit up like Xmas (mine were boring), but my CTs & MRIs were oh-so-sparkly! (His looked appallingly healthy)

Most years, we sort of tied. ;)

Does anyone dream of being in pain only to wake and find it real?
I relate to dreaming of pain and waking up with it. I think my brain recognizes the pain and adds it into my dream. When I wake up, I have to do the reality check and see I'm safely in my bed to calm the anxiety. Pain and anxiety go together for me, and my sleep is so random. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back