• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

Grateful for a dream this morning, strange, but not scary. In it I was uncharacteristically not-afraid to go to a person I don't know when all of a sudden it was offered, who was really kind, can't rem most of what they said though, except they seemed to have all the time in the world, and when I had the nerve to make eye contact it was the face of someone who helped me once who died (I thought in my dream, 'That's funny, the (living one) looks exactly like (X) , but he died?, didn't know they looked identical') ,and we had a big hug and I recognized an object in their rt shirt pocket, my hand was on it). Strangely I had to change before, it was required, I know I dream in color because it was my robe, and then I couldn't find my clothes, but for some reason none of all that part mattered, and I went home in my robe. Weird but that's only the second time in my life I ever got help in a dream, and the 1st one nothing was said, they just held my hand and walked. Grateful anyway, stupid as it likely sounds.

Last edited:
Thank you @Teasel . Probably a concoction of my mind, but my mind doesn't concoct it often, then! Actually I've had 3 dreams like that in my lifetime. Made me feel so much better. From the jist I can only say, it was carry on. Come to think of it, 2 times it was with SI/ planning. Anyway, it felt incredibly kind/ good, peaceful. Not something I've had for a long time.

Glad your plant also has a new home. 🙂🤗

I would try to ignore stuff at the refuge, not everyone is going to be in the healthiest mindset. Friends of mine used to run one, but closed it as many women would not accept the no alcohol/ no guys/ no tv rules/ fact. They turned it in to a men's shelter, and the men did.

I have found another "tribe" to which I belong and find that I am welcomed and understood so that I am truly grateful for this new connection. I can be open about who I am and not be judged, just as it is here with my PTSD tribe.

My dentist. Got a couple fillings done today, no problem. He got me in at lunch when it was quiet. Took care around my trigger spot and got done quick. I don't freeze well either, Novocaine is no good - its out a fast as it goes in. Everything else lasts about 1/2 as long as they tell me it should. So he did the one with no freezing and froze the other side. His nurse was shocked that the freezing was coming out before I was out of the chair.

Last edited:
Back