• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

Violins
People that know how to play them
Thank you.....

PXL_20221031_012304924.jpg

Like she understands every word I say.........had a rough day yesterday and while she was sitting in my lap she reached out to hold hands with me.

Directly from the page of my journal:
I am thankful for...
My salvation, the Bible, and my blessed hope
My husband - just, wow
My children - their love, their laughter, their talents, their intelligence, their character
My grandchildren
My cat
My home, country living
Financial security
My best friend
My gardens
Books
Music
Art
Beaches, the ocean
Answered prayer

As a way to cope, I made a list of things I am grateful for today. It's something that I have found to be useful in the past. It has a stabilizing effect for me. It helps me keep a broader, more accurate, perspective. It doesn't always make me feel better. However, it usually does make coping a little easier.

What am I grateful for today?

I woke up this morning. I awoke from a restless night's sleep in my own bed. I didn't wake up with a hangover.

I am grateful to start my day with a fresh cup of coffee and cigarettes to smoke. These are two pleasures I can count on everyday.

I have genuine, trusting friendships I can count on too, if I just chose to pick up the phone.

I have a job that does more for me than just the bills.

I am grateful that I am not the person I used to be. I can feel demolished without further destroying myself.

I am grateful for the warmth and sunshine today.
I love to take walks when I'm down and be grateful for nature. It's real and my terrible cptsd feelings are based on fiction. It makes me feel like part of something beautiful.

I'm thankful for my job. I started about a month ago, as a Sign Language Interpreter in Elementary School, and it was what I've wanted to do for a long time and finally "arrived". I feel like so fulfilled and so many of my skills are put to use.

Then the smug part of me is thrilled that I'm making at 21 years old (dollars per hour), what my dad could only ever make by working overtime in the peak of his career.

But back to being thankful instead of being smug, my life is genuinely going so well. I'm getting married in a few months, my job is going great, and my brother and his family are moving closer sometime next year (I've always been really close to my brother and he moved across the country about three years ago).

It's not to say all the shit disappears because it sure as hell doesn't. Some part of me in the back of my mind is preparing for inevitable mental breakdowns, I've had a few lite ones, and there's always just that shadow, of trauma, or PTSD, or whatever it is, it's always there, but at least I feel like I can manage it a little bit right now and the rest of my life is beautiful. I never thought I'd love my life as I do right now. Especially not in all the dark times in the past few years, which made me really think I could never succeed or get anywhere.

I'm thankful for my job. I started about a month ago, as a Sign Language Interpreter in Elementary School, and it was what I've wanted to do for a long time and finally "arrived". I feel like so fulfilled and so many of my skills are put to use.

Then the smug part of me is thrilled that I'm making at 21 years old (dollars per hour), what my dad could only ever make by working overtime in the peak of his career.

But back to being thankful instead of being smug, my life is genuinely going so well. I'm getting married in a few months, my job is going great, and my brother and his family are moving closer sometime next year (I've always been really close to my brother and he moved across the country about three years ago).

It's not to say all the shit disappears because it sure as hell doesn't. Some part of me in the back of my mind is preparing for inevitable mental breakdowns, I've had a few lite ones, and there's always just that shadow, of trauma, or PTSD, or whatever it is, it's always there, but at least I feel like I can manage it a little bit right now and the rest of my life is beautiful. I never thought I'd love my life as I do right now. Especially not in all the dark times in the past few years, which made me really think I could never succeed or get anywhere.
set-backs and occasional bad news are part of life. No need to worry them beforehand though :). You get through them when it's time for that! Congrats on getting married by the way!

set-backs and occasional bad news are part of life. No need to worry them beforehand though :). You get through them when it's time for that! Congrats on getting married by the way!
Thank you!

My home
My family
My friends
My work
My knees are getting better
My church and spiritual communities
Blinding sun over new snow today
The haul that l bought bunch of cosmetics over rather cheap price
getting stuff for cheap is like the best lol

Back