• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is Your Favourite Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any film with jean reno

I agree! There is something about that man...

Its so hard to pick a favorite. I guess the one film I've been rewatching (that's how I know its one of my favs) is Pride & Prejudice. This is going to sound corny but watching it has a theraputic affect (effect?) on me. The music, set design, and cinematography made for a beautiful film. Every frame of this film looks like a painting. I barely pay attention to what the characters are saying half the time because I'm to busy enjoying the beauty. When I have a migraine I take 2 Aleve, put the film in the dvd player, and take to my bed until the headache passes.:sleep:

My favorites are:

A little mermaid
Cinderella
A Beautiful mind
Gladiator
The Notebook coz I cry so much
Zoolander
All the Adam Sandler and Jim Carey Movies
The man on the moon was fantastic!!! Jim Carey plays Andy Cauffman to a T.
And The Trueman Show was great.

I love 'em all as long as they are feel good and as long as they aren't boring or tooooo scarey like supernatural cant stand supernatural.

As long as they are good enough to keep my interest.

Can't do the blood and guts movies anymore. I like 30's and 40's movies (esp. The Thin Man movies) If youv'e never seen a Thin Man movie rent one on a rainy day, you'll be hooked forever. Any Mel Brooks, Monty Python, Bean, Adam Sandler ("You can do it"!!!), Jim Carey. I know there's lots more but I can't think of um ("Hello, McFly") right now.

I absolutely love "Little Miss Sunshine"...I howled with laughter and almsot fell out of the seat..."Thank You for Smoking" is funny too...Oh and "The Birdcage" (Gene Hackman in drag is priceless)...In terms of the more serious stuff..."The Constant Gardener" ...among others...Oh and the BBC/A&E production of "Pride and Prejudice"...wait...this all looks familiar...have I posted tis somewhere before...

I watched Wart Hogs last night. A very lighthearted movie. Pretty good.

And The Departed is excellent

The first movie I could think of was blazin saddles with mel brooks playing the chief. Considering the movie was a blast at racism, its kinda ironic that he was blind to his own stereotyping of the red indian. And speaking of indians my favorite movie is Fitzcarraldo the movie that inspired Apopalypse now.:thumbs-up

I think my most favourite movie ever is Clockwork Orange. I like the story but as an artist I also just really like the design of the movie and the camera angles. I'd like to make a comic out of it actually. I've drawn lots of sketches of various scenes in the movie. Many of Stanley Kubrick's movies intrigue me for the camera angles.

I also like Kill Bill Vol. I & II, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the original Star Wars trilogy, Phantasm, Mad Max, Braveheart, Batman Begins, many more. I like a lot of film festival movies as well but I can't remember the titles now. The last movie I saw that I liked was He Died With A Falafel In His Hand. It was really weird but good.

Hot Fuzz is an English movie, i dont know if it'll go to the states or not

Ooh, yes, I just saw that this will be released in the States later this month. I'm stoked to see it, as I thought Shaun of the Dead was hilarious.

Madjon, I also love the Indiana Jones movies! They have led to a lifelong crush on Harrison Ford, too.

My other faves are Serenity (movie from the TV show Firefly), Empire of the Sun, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the Empire Strikes Back. I never get tired of watching these--I put them on when I need something comfortable.

Batgirl,

Have you seen "Grindhouse" yet?

I can't see the "Kill Bill" movies enough times. The first time I saw it, the first one, I nearly wet my pants five minutes into it when the woman's daughter gets off the school bus and walks through the door. It was so Tarantino-esque. Reminded me of the scene from Pulp Fiction when they showed up early for the hit and decided to step back for a minute. I have a sneaky suspicion that you would fall head over heels for "The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover" by Peter Greenway. If you can find it.

Reservoir Dogs
Fight Club
Sense and Sensibilities
A Clockwork Orange
Magnolia
Ronin
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Wild at Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back