• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is Your Subjective Units Of Distress (suds) Rating Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is/was your SUDS Rating over the Christmas/New Year Season? Can be a very challenging time for many individuals.

Peace to you all.

I'm not sure. None of what you describe fits my emotional radar. Maybe coz I'm autistic I don't do emotion "normally"?

Over Christmas was hard. Lots of struggle. But not anything like I used to feel when I lived with cluster b individuals, or when I had to leave one to save my own life and I couldn't take my children with me. But, I had to be around that person; the narcy/sociopathic person on the Sunday and it felt pretty bad.

I felt hollowed out, empty, depleted, lonely, greiving, all used up, after the final Christmas meal (dessert) prep was finished on Boxing day. I don't know how you'd rate that.

Being around someone narcy/sociopathic is being around someone who is always fake, unless they are being nasty, then they are being how they are. They lie a lot and try to portray themselves as someone who is admirable and if that doesn't work they want to demoralize you and put you in frozen fear mode.
I wasn't in fear mode, because he can't and won't try to do anything to me now. I have too much support and back up and it would expose him too much and there are people around him that he's was too busy trying to control, own, dominate and/or impress.

He already tried to destroy me, destroy my morale, break me down, cause me to give up the ghost, destroy my standing with everybody possible and it didn't work so now he's moved on to other prey. So ...I just felt disgust at his constant self-important, brittle, shallow, self promotion, his empty words, and his destructive, demoralizing, corrosive air and veneer.

I felt sad, used up and of no standing, utterly without social security around him. I couldn't wait for when I didn't have to listen to his voice. I missed my now-SO.

@mumstheword Ty for sharing. You are welcome to state your SUDS rating along with your comments about your current status and/or psychological/emotional state.

My intention with this thread is to encourage the use of the SUDS rating tool to self-evaluate and express our internal experience. Ty.

I feel ok now thanks @void, maybe a 1 but tired and chronically low energy except for occasions. My living conditions are not allowing me to thrive, yet, but, I'm trying. Will do yoga soon and probably feel a 0 for a while.

The Christmas/boxing day event I described, now that I've revisited your SUDS description, I think I would have been a 7-6.

The day before yesterday was my birthday and I had a really lovely afternoon at a beautiful beach with a couple of my kid's, a son in law and my partner, then dinner at my oldest daughter's it was definitely a 0 then.

Need more of those days.

42 - 77 One of those very fluid states of being - Is it on the lower end of 4 or is it the upper end of 7 heading towards 8? What second minute moment hour second minute is it? >.< that means I’m in ‘ignore myself’ mode. As nothing I’m likely to be thinking or feeling will have a great degree of accuracy attached, and is just as likely to reverse itself in 5 seconds as not. Whee.

I feel ok now thanks @void, maybe a 1 but tired and chronically low energy except for occasions. My living conditions are not allowing me to thrive, yet, but, I'm trying. Will do yoga soon and probably feel a 0 for a while.

The Christmas/boxing day event I described, now that I've revisited your SUDS description, I think I would have been a 7-6.

The day before yesterday was my birthday and I had a really lovely afternoon at a beautiful beach with a couple of my kid's, a son in law and my partner, then dinner at my oldest daughter's it was definitely a 0 then.

Need more of those days.
Hi Mum’s that’s so nice. I love the beach. Almost forgot! I’m about a 2. It’s a decision for me sometimes now, like now, but not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back