• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

When You Want To Do Things, But Just Can't ... What Is That?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Friday for your validation.

This house is 3 stories and has 5 bathrooms.
I just want to get to a place that is manageable. Im not sure what that is.

I need to clean my carpet from when the dog had accidents before I had to put him down, I wanted to bake a cake but can't seem to do it even though it will come out great, and after reading some of these I am tearing up both from losing the dog and because I can't seem to get motivated. Tired so tired of just existing, always on the outside looking in.

Super confused on how to navigate this sight. I have no clue where to post my story appropriately. Not many stories on witnessing a mother’s sudden cardiac death. While trying to frantically save her with CPR for 14 mins until EMA got here. She died in my home. While my 12 year of daughter was outside with our dogs. Then 9 months later slowly watching my Dad die. Maybe this is the wrong site. I’m new to reaching out.

Super confused on how to navigate this sight. I have no clue where to post my story appropriately. Not many stories on witnessing a mother’s sudden cardiac death. While trying to frantically save her with CPR for 14 mins until EMA got here. She died in my home. While my 12 year of daughter was outside with our dogs. Then 9 months later slowly watching my Dad die. Maybe this is the wrong site. I’m new to reaching out.
First off Welcome SB17. I am sorry for what you had happen. Reaching out is how you get help. I would start in the introductions and introduce yourself. You can also start your own thread in the General section unless you are looking for more specific help. Most of us have had our own traumas and we welcome anyone needing help, we all need help too.
I have found nothing here but care and understanding.

First off Welcome SB17. I am sorry for what you had happen. Reaching out is how you get help. I would start in the introductions and introduce yourself. You can also start your own thread in the General section unless you are looking for more specific help. Most of us have had our own traumas and we welcome anyone needing help, we all need help too.
I have found nothing here but care and understanding.
Thank you for your reply and kind words. It still feels strange reaching out. It helps to know people understand.

It sounds like many were able to accomplish things in your lives. I suffer from executive dysfunction and didn’t achieve shit. I’m on permanent disability at age 51 and tried to go to college after high school but couldn’t get a degree. I had no idea how to write research papers, and it all seemed so pointless. I rent a room in someone’s house and it’s a mess because I don’t know where to begin to clean it and I feel so tired. I used to live out of my car and there is a possibility that could still happen. It’s got to be better than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called procrastination. I am not sure what the cure is. I am curious to see other people's advice on the subject as I do the same.
Actually, when you want or have to do something but *cant do it* because your brain prevents you from doing it it's called cognitive dysfunction. Procrastination is a decision. Cognitive dysfunction isnt.

Actually, when you want or have to do something but *cant do it* because your brain prevents you from doing it it's called cognitive dysfunction. Procrastination is a decision. Cognitive dysfunction isnt.
Hi, how do you fix the distortion?

Well then I guess I have cognitive dysfunction too, but dont know what to do about it.
I accomplished a lot in my life, but I can't anymore.
I blame myself for that.
I guess I never realized there was a term and a reason for this, but I stay in bed more and more all the time, especially since covid. I have so much anxiety (sometimes I know why and other times I dont really know), but life feels overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back