• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

This is a weird, random question, but does anybody else have an older person as a friend on Facebook that sometimes just makes their day with their lack of understanding of how to use facebook! I have a friend's mother and she is constantly just mistakenly doing things or just doing things that are so cute! A moment ago I logged into my Facebook and had 20+ notifications, even though I'd only been on facebook an hour before. When I looked at the notifications it was all from this one older lady, who had literally gone through and liked each photo I'd put up on a post about 10 years ago! I laughed so hard! She really brightens my day, in a nice way, I just think it's so cute! 😁

This is a weird, random question, but does anybody else have an older person as a friend on Facebook that sometimes just makes their day with their lack of understanding of how to use facebook! I have a friend's mother and she is constantly just mistakenly doing things or just doing things that are so cute! A moment ago I logged into my Facebook and had 20+ notifications, even though I'd only been on facebook an hour before. When I looked at the notifications it was all from this one older lady, who had literally gone through and liked each photo I'd put up on a post about 10 years ago! I laughed so hard! She really brightens my day, in a nice way, I just think it's so cute! 😁

I'm in my late 30s and the least technologically savvy person I know. I use a flip phone and if I could would downgrade to tin can and string lol

The interesting thing is my brother, who is three years older, is completely techno-illiterate. We got a computer in my house when I was 15, and he was already 18. So those three years made us night and day.

I live in a very small state with a small population, we are all very interconnected and today has been horrific for us all and our teaching community.
Today is the last day of school for children here before their big summer/Xmas break. One school was having a day of celebration and had hired a jumping/bouncy castle. The wind picked up and the jumping castle was torn free and went up into the air with children on it. Four children about 11 years of age have died and another 5 are in critical condition.
It is just so devastating. Staff and students, police and ambulance drivers are all traumatised. We are all feeling sick to our stomachs and crying.
I'm hugging my own 10 year old even harder tonight and thinking about the poor parents. 😭

Another child passed away today from the tragedy in the small town I grew up in. That makes a total of 6 with other children still in critical condition. There's such a heavy hearted vibe on the leadup to Xmas here. A relative whom has only been a paramedic for around 12months was the first on scene, with a lady whose first day it was. We were spending Xmas day with them and other family but they are now staying to surround him with love and support, understandably. It's so horrifying, I can't imagine what he saw when he arrived but I imagine he'll be seeing it in his nightmares for a long time to come, something which all of us on here sadly know all too well. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with it by taking myself off social media and away from the press, I just can't handle seeing pictures of those young, happy children that have passed away now. My heart is just breaking for everyone. 😢

In some more upbeat news, amazingly two of the young boys in the accident have now been moved out of ICU and one was even feeling well enough to request pizza to eat. How either of them survived I don't know and although they still have a long road ahead of them recovery wise it wonderful news and I'm sure their parents are over the moon. :)

In some more upbeat news, amazingly two of the young boys in the accident have now been moved out of ICU and one was even feeling well enough to request pizza to eat. How either of them survived I don't know and although they still have a long road ahead of them recovery wise it wonderful news and I'm sure their parents are over the moon. :)
Awesome!

Back