• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Current Weather

I really don’t know what to do.

The house is full of sunlight, the lake is a river of clouds, and the sky is the palest icy blue.

3 days in a row of lovely weather? This time of year? Must be armegeddon. I’ve decided I will go find a patch of sunlight and sleep through it.

I've spent the day watching birds flying in all directions but forwards. I think it's a bit rough out there. It's been raining since yesterday evening and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon, although it could turn to snow.

Temperature wise, it's blooming freezing!

Who said summer was here?
Bah humbug. We're in perpetual state of heatwave that seems to always be going to finally break "about this time next week". I won't hold my breath.

Mind you, it's gonna be 46 in Birdsville today...someone's always got it worse (I wonder how the people in Birdsville would respond to that - "Nope, actually we really do have it the worst...").

LMMFAO

So. My dad got himself an early XMas present... an updated supertech thermostat that not only displays the temp indoors & out, but also the humidity, wind speed, etc. AND compiles all those factors into a a “feels like” temp.

🤣 😂

Inside
Temp 65 (18C)
Feels Like 47 (8C)

I. Win.

I’m not going to point it out. I’m just going to wait. Smugly.

👀 Unless, of course, this prompts him to lowering the thermostat to 47.

This weather is wild. Gale force winds whipping the trees from three different directions over the last three days. Rain slamming against my windows for hours at a time with barely a break. It's almost freezing atm. This time last year I was sitting in a puddle of perspiration & heading into another record breaking heat-wave, dust storms and fires. I can only laugh as I head for my flannelette pj's and contemplate woolly socks.

Feels Like 47 (8C)
Are we starting down the Feels Like path?

Because it's another 34 degree day here (only 10 out of 10 UV index - you can almost go outside with a score like that!), but the Feels Like is up to 39 (or 102).

We're still waiting for those storms and the cool change.

Back