Hard to move forward, can anyone relate?

Invisible Fire

MyPTSD Pro
Having a hard time processing. I am starting to think that either I need a break or that I’m in a sort of ptsd remission. I was triggered yesterday. I was sitting in my car waiting for someone. This young man got out of his car and started walking quickly to the store. He looked at me and sort of grinned. He had a shirt on that I didn’t like one of the words (virgin). I felt lightheaded and heart started to race. I thought to myself about how angry I felt. How overwhelmed. My hearing started to fade. All while I was aware. So I did some breathing techniques and some tapping my therapist taught me. Athough I don’t remember how I got back home once there I knew to walk and get grounded. I knew I was ok. Progress or acceptance? I’m not sure but it’s better than days of being in a dark hole after being triggered

Invisible Fire

MyPTSD Pro
Part of my struggle is working through what happened with my daughter in the spring. I am having a very hard time not trying to protect her. She is a young adult and able to make her own choices but I worry so much it can drive me crazy. She is out with friends tonight and my anxiety is through the roof. And of course my mind has to go back to things that are triggering. I have done everything to stay busy and be distracted. Walking , exercises, sudoku, ate , tried to journal. Now I just want her home and safe. Fighting the urge to call or text. All of these what if’s. Should haves , could haves. I need to learn to trust again but who do I need to trust ? Everyone ? The world ? I’d go to bed but know I won’t sleep