How Did You Sleep Last Night?

Lionheart

MyPTSD Pro
What is this sleep you speak of??? I seem to have insomnia at times and yet I still manage to sleep 13+ hours a day, which likely accounts for the inability to go to sleep at more appropriate times.

Toren

Learning
NIghtmares GOD I am happy to see this thread and to read about others. Last night I dreamt I was kidnapped. There were others also kidnapped but the leader, a guy with bad teeth and bad breath singled me out and I had to act like I wasn't repulsed by him in order to avoid tirade. I had a phone to call police but kept misplacing it, or was afraid to dial out because I would be killed. It was like a cult. At one point I was ordered to wash the window in the filthy bathroom (I often see filthy bathrooms in nightmares). Throughout I kept trying to figure out a way to escape but couldn't manage it. It was up to me to figure it out though. The avoiding retribution by feigning acceptance of the leader is a dead ringer for the years I spent acquiescing to the behaviors and commands of past spouse and mother I think

MyPTSD Pro
@Toren Wow, that seems pretty scary! Offering support.

I woke up twice in the middle of the night but did manage to get back to sleep. No nightmares though!

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I normally sleep very deeply with lots of dreams. Last night was no different, but I woke after 5 hours. That happens sometimes when I'm stressed.

Freddyt

MyPTSD Pro
I find when I get bigger chunks of deep sleep its far more restful than the same time broken up. I had close to 3 solid hours of deep sleep in one chunk yesterday night. 👍 👍 👍

I've been staying up until midnight but waking up at 2-3-4, and once I'm up it's so difficult to fall back asleep to the point of causing anxiety. Doesn't matter if I nap or not, same result. I dream a lot, always strange, usually the same scenario but no matter how scary it is I don't wake up. Is there such a thing as a brave dreamer?

Toren

Learning
Trazadone and staying up too late were helpful last night. This darned bad dreams seem to hit before i wake up though most days.