• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Did You Sleep Last Night?

What is this sleep you speak of??? I seem to have insomnia at times and yet I still manage to sleep 13+ hours a day, which likely accounts for the inability to go to sleep at more appropriate times.

NIghtmares GOD I am happy to see this thread and to read about others. Last night I dreamt I was kidnapped. There were others also kidnapped but the leader, a guy with bad teeth and bad breath singled me out and I had to act like I wasn't repulsed by him in order to avoid tirade. I had a phone to call police but kept misplacing it, or was afraid to dial out because I would be killed. It was like a cult. At one point I was ordered to wash the window in the filthy bathroom (I often see filthy bathrooms in nightmares). Throughout I kept trying to figure out a way to escape but couldn't manage it. It was up to me to figure it out though. The avoiding retribution by feigning acceptance of the leader is a dead ringer for the years I spent acquiescing to the behaviors and commands of past spouse and mother I think

@Toren Wow, that seems pretty scary! Offering support.

I woke up twice in the middle of the night but did manage to get back to sleep. No nightmares though!

I normally sleep very deeply with lots of dreams. Last night was no different, but I woke after 5 hours. That happens sometimes when I'm stressed.

I find when I get bigger chunks of deep sleep its far more restful than the same time broken up. I had close to 3 solid hours of deep sleep in one chunk yesterday night. 👍 👍 👍

I've been staying up until midnight but waking up at 2-3-4, and once I'm up it's so difficult to fall back asleep to the point of causing anxiety. Doesn't matter if I nap or not, same result. I dream a lot, always strange, usually the same scenario but no matter how scary it is I don't wake up. Is there such a thing as a brave dreamer?

Trazadone and staying up too late were helpful last night. This darned bad dreams seem to hit before i wake up though most days.

Back