• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship No one can relate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 7 months with the therapist I got in contact with Marlene Steinberg who created the DSM criteria on did to no avail. She doesn't trust anyone but me life has been a living hell this last year I haven't posted in a long time and I'm just at the end of my rope again I don't really care how everyone advises me to just move on or other b*******.

My wife has been a member of this group for 10 years I've seen every single post many of them were not true but I loved her and she showed many of them to me she was trying to heal. I now have an attorney, I'm best friends with CPS, and I got to know a judge. Everyone is placating her trying to get her into therapy she is now convinced that I'm gay and had homosexual relationships with a fictional person she had an affair with. Neither one of us ever met the guy, it's been total Fidelity for 26 years and I now have custody of our daughter because she put a protective order into the courts after pulling a gun on me. Thankfully I'm in a really good person and it wasn't hard to get witness testimony from both our mothers and our daughter.

I miss her terribly I know she's mixed up and doesn't really know who I am but I'm so angry at her. She created a Facebook account after using mine for the last 10 years and friended every ex boyfriend or anyone who's ever been mean to me like she's trying to get back at me for being gay which I'm not. There was no fight beforehand, she's my best friend and we really love each other and then she showed up my work and had been reading some for him and was convinced that fictional people were other people and that that was the evidence she needed that I was gay. She called my other friends in another state I just moved from there and had them condense that we had a gay relationship I've been with my wife forever and I'm a healthy person I would agree in psychology to help her I'm completely devoted to her and I see her illness and I try and be her friend and help her and suddenly I've been Shanghai for my life.

I've warned the two shirts and two pairs of pants I've had since I got taken by her from work on April 12th the courts gave me custody of her daughter and said that she has three weeks to get a mental health assessment she's not doing it that she's not going to cuz she's scared I've had to schedule every single appointment she's ever had and if I try and contact her I will go to jail for the next 3 years, this is the most ridiculous situation I've ever been in and my attorneys tell me they've never had a case like this where she says I pulled a gun on her and I'm dangerous and then a week later we do a modifications to the hearing and she says our daughter would be safest in my care cuz I'm the most safe person out of all the family members.

It's ridiculous but I'm not allowed in our house and I can't explain myself to her. I'm not gay and unfortunately I'm very attracted to my wife and we're the best of friends most of the time. It's almost like there's something about April, she did this a year ago and it nearly killed me she also did this back in 1997 and we got married right after that and things have been really good for 24 years and then suddenly it's not.

I don't really understand and I'm going out of my head. I lost my new job that she was happy about. I have custody of my daughter but I can't talk to her and I'm the only person she's ever trusted and I keep her grounded but she pulled a gun on me until the course that I pulled a gun on her so I'm stuck.

I know everyone's going to say I told you this a year ago I know that but what the hell am I supposed to do, I really love her and she really loves me but she's not available right now so the courts have decided that she can do an mental health assessment and if she doesn't do it my attorney is going to force her to do it but in the meantime I'm worried she's going to destroy 26 years and those 26 years were easy because we both really like each other where attached at the hip and suddenly it's gone. I'm just really pissed off I don't know what else to say to say.

What a terrible situation for you!

Your daughter’s safety is more important than anything else going on right now. She needs to be safe with you, and you need to be safe so you can take care of her. What would happen to her if your wife shot you? Your wife is the adult, so she comes second... the babies always have to come first.

Secondly... take care of your mental health. Don’t get dragged down into her mental illness. Why do you feel the need to prove you’re not gay? You’ve been married to her for 26 years, and if you’re not gay you’re not gay. If you didn’t have an affair, you didn’t have an affair. She’s not being rational right now. You can’t defend yourself if somebody is being irrational. She’s not listening to anybody but herself.

I know you love her and want her to be like she used to be, but you can’t count on that ever happening.

Oh this year's been a roller coaster. Haven't posted in a long time I have now realized I'm dealing with full psychosis! I was too close and couldn't see it. And this story is so insane I don't really want to get into it I don't have the energy. I'm just really struggling I'm safe my kids are safe and I'm worried about her. So I'm just waiting for a an assessment which is voluntary right now but will very quickly become Court mandated because she's gone that far. Not sound whining but sometimes life really sucks! Not sure what to do with the rest of mine she has such a fear of getting committed that it's come to the point where the courts are going to make it happen and it's cost me thousands of dollars and the person I've been with for almost three decades doesn't seem to be home. She snapped and she was gone no altercation we were getting along great but I could sense she was fighting something and trying not to stress me out. I don't know what happened and I'm not allowed to talk to her for another 2 weeks. Just going through a lot trying to be a good guy and do the right thing. Taking care of the kids but extremely frustrated and feel be-trade and kidnapped from my life.

What a terrible situation for you!

Your daughter’s safety is more important than anything else going on right now. She needs to be safe with you, and you need to be safe so you can take care of her. What would happen to her if your wife shot you? Your wife is the adult, so she comes second... the babies always have to come first.

Secondly... take care of your mental health. Don’t get dragged down into her mental illness. Why do you feel the need to prove you’re not gay? You’ve been married to her for 26 years, and if you’re not gay you’re not gay. If you didn’t have an affair, you didn’t have an affair. She’s not being rational right now. You can’t defend yourself if somebody is being irrational. She’s not listening to anybody but herself.

I know you love her and want her to be like she used to be, but you can’t count on that ever happening.
I'm actually very worried about my mental health because I don't even remember posting this yesterday. I just got on here and was surprised to see it holy hell!

Yeah I'm not really worried about proving anything I don't need to I mean it's obvious it's just unbelievable

My daughter's in good hands and I kept her safe. I think drafted this last week and forgot about it and accidentally posted it. It's barely readable. Sorry, I just had a existential melt-down last night. I'm just really stressed out, probably time to go back to therapy.

Nope, good question though. I was venting the other day and used the mic function on my phone. Drinking hasn't really been an issue. It was for a bit last year, when I was going through a lot of shock and trapped in the house with covid lockdown, but I was able to dial it way back to normal. Normal being mowing the lawn, grilling and having a couple light beers.

My situation is a lot like this but we haven’t gotten to that next level. Mostly because I won’t let her push me, and she won’t do it herself, then she’d be responsible and she can’t have that. It’s easy for her to get people on her side and blame everything on me. I know it’s nonsense though, so we just keep going. I’m sorry because it’s so awful, especially when there are children.

You have a lot going on and I can understand the stress your under. I think therapy would be a good thing for you and trying to let go of the things you can’t control and focus on what you do have control over.

Yeah it's just rough cuz she changed all of the passwords to our accounts and I'm staying at my mother's I mean the whole thing is ridiculous and the courts are all on my side and I just have to wait another 2 weeks before I'm allowed access to my house and if she doesn't do the assessment that are going to make her. All of our needs are met we're staying with family I'm just literally trapped. I haven't looked in a while is there still a private supporters area or is that just the private diary section that only admin can see? I actually would like to talk more and journal about this but I have to be careful about what I say publicly until this gets resolved. Thank you for the responses I wish I would have picked a better title makes me feel like I'm having a temper tantrum! I guess I kind of was! 😂

My wife has been a member of this group for 10 years I've seen every single post
Is she still on this group? Like if so, I find it interesting that you came here for support. I assume you've hidden each other if you wanna use this place safely for both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back