• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Please Talk To Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steroids are hard to deal with. I went through this a few weeks back on oral steroids. I hate them, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. I understand the ups and downs. A lot of it is the drugs talking. Just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel (when you stop them). That is how I get through a course of them.

Steroids are hard to deal with. I went through this a few weeks back on oral steroids. I hate them, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. I understand the ups and downs. A lot of it is the drugs talking. Just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel (when you stop them). That is how I get through a course of them.

I hope so.

I left two voicemails for my pdoc....I hope he understood as I was crying so hard. He’s away but checking voicemails.

Unfortunately people don’t want to hear “the drugs made me do it”. I’ve made a fine mess of things. :-/

I agree with momma. ? you got this!

I hope so!

I hide while on steroids. I guess i do that a lot anyway....

This too shall pass. Is this family? I assume thry have seen you upset before and you still got an invite for thanksgiving.

Reframe.

The more you tell yourself that you are a hurricane and etc, the more likely you will be that. Instead, try thinking, “I am experiencing distress, but I can make safe choices to ride out this pain.”

Because you can.

If you need to burn off energy, try jumping jacks. If you need distraction, try a movie.

I hide while on steroids. I guess i do that a lot anyway....

This too shall pass. Is this family? I assume thry have seen you upset before and you still got an invite for thanksgiving.

Er. Uhm. I was supposed to make the meal...

Reframe.

The more you tell yourself that you are a hurricane and etc, the more likely you will be that. Instead, try thinking, “I am experiencing distress, but I can make safe choices to ride out this pain.”

Because you can.

If you need to burn off energy, try jumping jacks. If you need distraction, try a movie.

Ok, I will try that.

I need to eat....I haven’t eaten anything today.

Are you starting to feel a little better now that you’ve been able to talk it through some?

Yes, thank you!

Cooking can be calming, it’s not too late.

I don’t think anyone is coming at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back