• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Please Talk To Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, ya gotta eat! Got something yummy on hand?

Yes. And I can cook it faster now that my microwave arrived today!

Sooooo. . . You have thanksgiving dinner stuff ready to be cooked. . . You are hungry, or at least need to eat something. . . There’s not going to be anyone you’re forced to share good food with. . . Am I dense? Where’s the issue? ?

Lol. Good point.

It feels worse @EveHarrington when we think of it like the Titanic. It's just the ship hitting a rock. It will be ok. That is what love, forgiveness and communication are for, for all of us as human beings. You will feel better when the stuff is out of your system, and rest, too.

I wish I could come share some of that meal with you. :)

Warm bath?

The thought of lying in my own filth grosses me out to no end. I’d still have to take a shower afterwards.

:-/

I truly hope it eases. It sounds like you are doing all the right things....

Thank you

It feels worse @EveHarrington when we think of it like the Titanic. It's just the ship hitting a rock. It will be ok. That is what love, forgiveness and communication are for, for all of us as human beings. You will feel better when the stuff is out of your system, and rest, too.

I wish I could come share some of that meal with you. :)

I’ve been so bad, I deserve to be punished. Nobody can forgive this.

I just put myself on airplane mode. Maybe this will stop me from doing more damage. :-/

Self hate and punishing yourself isn’t going to help the situation. Studies have shown negative consequences don’t generally lead to long term behavioral change. Short term, maybe, but not long term.

You know what does? Positive rewards.

You have taken some good steps today. Setbacks are a pet of the process and don’t erase the good steps. Reward yourself for the positive steps taken. Find more steps to take towards health. That will set things right way better than any punishment.

(This is all stuff I have to remind myself too. No judgement here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back