1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Social' started by SpiritSong, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Mach123

Mach123 Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

It's so soothing. It's nice to have others to pray for. You know you have faith when you have stuff that's not good and you're not mad at God anymore. Reasonably, you'd never figure out why you shouldn't be mad at God. Did u ever notice how mad people are? I was praying as I was reading these, I do it so fleetingly, but I can't keep my heart right for long so I do it quick. Jonah is my favourite, irresistible Grace, that's me.

Junebug and SpiritSong like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Lionheart777

Lionheart777 Healing Warrior Premium Member

I am requesting prayers for my "baby" sister (age 52) who is dying from emphysema. She is under hospice care and has been given days to one week to live.

Please pray for her to have an easy transition from this life to the next....thank you!!!

4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

I'm glad there is a thread for this, in a way.

Our church reads aloud the weekly prayer requests and for some of them I'm like WTF they don't need prayers! They are perfectly FINE! (If you knew what kind of church I go to, you 'd understand my frustration)... Cuz I'm like WTF, nobody, and I do mean NOBODY on that list gets prayers for a mental illness, mainly because we're all too ashamed to put our name on the list or ask for help...because yeah, on the days we can fake it and look OK, do we really want people coming up to us and asking what's wrong with us, and then throwing shade on us because we aren't in the hospital or recovering from some physical illness? So I sit there and ask, hey church of mine, why don't you care about me? (And this is part of the reason that I don't go anymore.)

Sorry for the threadjack. Just saying why I like that this thread is here. No stigma.

SpiritSong likes this.
  5. Junebug

Junebug I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

Lionheart777 and SpiritSong like this.
  6. SpiritSong

SpiritSong I love flowers! Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Ronin and Lionheart777 like this.