• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Reverse classism/being afraid of germany or germans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here nearly every kid is in daycare because we believe that they need it in order to be able to get along in a group. Some well off people employ nannies too.

Oh... and I will delete this after a while for more anonymity...
As a heads up, once it is posted, it is out there on the Internet, cached somewhere. If you want info to truly be private, then I’d suggest not posting it to begin with.
I also do think that it is not okay to insult or even hurt (kill, torture, whatever) people better off.
No one is actually calling for royalty to be killed or tortured here. I’m a little lost on this big stand that royalty shouldn’t be killed. But ok. If you are looking for agreement on that, I can agree.

@joeylittle: I am not sure if there is so much privilege in Germany like there is in other countries. For example: In America college preparatory schools cost an arm and a leg. In Germany many are statefunded prep schools and private schools have reduced fees and offer stipendia for the poor. Also the states offers a college Stipendium (Bafög) to all poor college students. Still the privileged do have somewhat better chances but I do not think a good education (for example) is unachievable for the rest.
I think that it is a privilege when you have parents who teach you things and values and not everybody does that.

I do not think everybody who is seen as higher class is really mega privileged. For example I think I am seen as of a somewhat higher class because of the way I talk, because of family background and such... but both of my parents have little education because they have been denied an education and we did not have much money when I was a kid.

And what you also must see is that the privileged have much more obligations in German society. For example: The most dangerous roles in the military were always done by nobility and rich land owners, the latter typically were not paid. This led to the fact that during long periods of history men of those classes had one of the shortest life expectancies.

Last edited by a moderator:
However they are privallaged with the basic needs such as shelter, food, clothing. If not more. Everybody has their own struggles no matter what class you are from.

Thinj about this in comparison to how lucky we are to even have internet connection, some people don’t have access to clean drinking water or a safe place to sleep. It doesn’t even occur to me what ‘class’ someone is, but who they are as a person. Do you think this has to do with the environment you grew up in/area you were brought up in?

Being killed due to being born into a ‘higher class’ compared to some of the other larger problems in the world at this moment in time I think is going to really piss people off. I get your passion for the subject, it obviously means a lot to you, but you really can’t compare this to some of the other massive causes of deaths around the world!

BTW I think that Germany is a beautiful country and so are the people I have met.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I think it has to do with the fact I grew up in Eastern Germany, there has been communism before and in schools during communist times people were being influenced with ideological teachings about the superiority of the working class over all other classes... and they were told a lot of lies... st least I think that it was like that.
Growing up I had some older children’s books which were still from communist times and they always had a good working class guy and guy who was not only bad but also stupid and ugly and he was of a privileged class.

I also remember I saw pictures of Privileged guys... and the privileged guy often looked nearly like a monster. One older picture I saw picture said “Do away with the bad weeds and his seed. Give the lands of the Junker (a privileged person) to the peasants“... and the bad weed and the seeds meant the guy and his kids. So some people must have thought we are like this. I mean they were young and impressionable.

Yeah, I know that reverse classism is not the mean cause of death worldwide. I would guess some kind of bacterium is??? But I am not a doctor... but I wanted to say that it is a dangerous ideology.

I have some friends from Germany and we sat down (about 12yrs ago) and they spoke about their childhood. One grew up in East Germany and one in the West of Germany. What they had experienced growing up and how they and their families had been treated was so different. They had been taught different things in school, about history and obviously there jobs that they would be doing on finishing. During the conversation (which was intense and emotional) they were arguing about their situations, how much they had/didn’t have growing up. It was a big eye opener for me, that after all these years following the Berlin Wall coming down they still viewed each other as different in many ways.

I do live in Western Germany now. I think they are a bit different yes. Yes and they had very different lives than the ones growing up in the GDR and also the ones growing up in Eastern Germany after the GDR. Much richer, much more free but I also think much more lonely, because I think they did not have so much group stuff.

I really wonder what I am trying to achieve with this thread...
Most likely I just wanna hear everybody say that privileged people are very nice and should be treated with friendliness and that they never will say anything bad about anybody from this group again... because thanks to my thread they learned how nice and misunderstood they were... and much thanks to my vet for his service. He deserves all the privilege in the world. Something like this.

I think this is silly and I will not achieve it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don’t think that is achievable in my personal opinion.

However I do think that statement might get you a few more responses from people if that’s what you are also after.

No-one can vouch for a whole group of people, it’s like me saying nobody who is left handed on this forum will ever saying anything nasty about mangos on this forum again- or even worse asking you to do it.

Read through what people have said to you, I’m out

discuss things other members have brought up in the initial thread
Okay, hold on. This was not at all what I was trying to say.

I actually love my German ancestry. L...

I think I owe @shimmerz an apology, didn't read the OP properly and should have known better than to respond off the cuff.
Not expecting a response to this, but I think it should be said regardless - I feel a touch responsible and lesson learnt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back