• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Vivid dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaplePancake

Learning
A gush of extremely vivid dreams last night. Not criterion A but related to real events in my life that have bothered me. verbal abuse from a bullying boss (who was so aggressive and inappropriately angry all the time that years later I can not be around men who look like him) being ditched by friends and the lonliness and grief that gave me in junior high. Just a pot of miserable stuff last night. Oh well. Maybe it needed to come out

I used to use those kind of dreams to direct my therapy. I would discuss the dreams and real events with my therapist to work through them. I figured that's why they came up.

i'm another who uses especially vivid, life-related dreams to guide my therapy, most especially if they are related to past events. i take those dreams as a sign that my psyche needs closure. when i don't have a current pro-therapist, i seek resolution through journaling and sharing within my peer support network.

i hate it when i start judging people by their appearance/gender. it makes the world entirely too small a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back