• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

• My husband
  • My husband having the day off
  • Our new home
  • Having the ability to spend a few hours working on our new home yesterday
  • Getting physically stronger
  • Having a relationship with my sister
  • My new cook top and veggie steaming pot
  • My cats being healthy
  • A significantly improved financial situation from where we were last year
  • Having the confidence to apply to "real" jobs like a "real" person
  • Knowing I don't have to keep grocery shopping ?

As a way to cope, I made a list of things I am grateful for today. It's something that I have found to be useful in the past. It has a stabilizing effect for me. It helps me keep a broader, more accurate, perspective. It doesn't always make me feel better. However, it usually does make coping a little easier.

What am I grateful for today?

I woke up this morning. I awoke from a restless night's sleep in my own bed. I didn't wake up with a hangover.

I am grateful to start my day with a fresh cup of coffee and cigarettes to smoke. These are two pleasures I can count on everyday.

I have genuine, trusting friendships I can count on too, if I just chose to pick up the phone.

I have a job that does more for me than just the bills.

I am grateful that I am not the person I used to be. I can feel demolished without further destroying myself.

I am grateful for the warmth and sunshine today.
i am thankful for the sunshine, that I will someday overcome PTSD and help others overcome it as well. All of God’s creation is beautiful and I’m thankful for that because it’s so uplifting.

I am grateful for finally being able to work from home starting tomorrow.
Grateful to have a husband that does not shame my bisexuality.
Grateful my sports team made the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup finals.
Grateful I am still standing and trying.

That my relative saw her excellent dr, though now has to have tests to rule out or confirm cancer +/or heart disease, as has had symptoms of both.
Thankful the dr sweet and the opposite of a quack.
Thankful I feel semi-resigned and accepting, even if unsure.

Back