- a 3cm chunk ginger, roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp crushed chillies
- oil, for frying
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Pepper
- 500ml chicken stock
- Chicken Thighs
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth organic peanut butter (you'll need a no sugar added peanut butter)
- pinch salt

1. Put the onion, garlic, ginger carrot, pepper and chilli in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the paste and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add the tomatoes salt n pepper and stock, blend till smooth - I only re-blend after adding the tomatoes because my flatmate can't stsnd the texture of tomatoes.
Add chicken and simmer for 30 , minutes.
2. Stir in the peanut butter and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with rice and fried plantains

I want to try this đź‘Ť
Skinning them (boil/blanch/rub) is the most annoying part, if you can get preshelled pistachios (if not, shelling would be competing with skinning for worst part of the job). The super vibrant lively green… opposed to the deeper/woodsie brownish green? Are almost 2 entirely different soups. Both absolutely worth trying.

Skinning them (boil/blanch/rub) is the most annoying part, if you can get preshelled pistachios
I have presented pistachios, Skinning chickpeas was pretty annoying 🤭 I don't expect Ild make this too often though so
The super vibrant lively green… opposed to the deeper/woodsie brownish green? Are almost 2 entirely different soups
Is that just dependant on how green your nuts are?

Thanks, you made me chuckle 🤭

Yes, it's based on Ghanaian peanut soup

Here's the recipe

- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- a 3cm chunk ginger, roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp crushed chillies
- oil, for frying
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Pepper
- 500ml chicken stock
- Chicken Thighs
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth organic peanut butter (you'll need a no sugar added peanut butter)
- pinch salt

1. Put the onion, garlic, ginger carrot, pepper and chilli in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the paste and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add the tomatoes salt n pepper and stock, blend till smooth - I only re-blend after adding the tomatoes because my flatmate can't stsnd the texture of tomatoes.
Add chicken and simmer for 30 , minutes.
2. Stir in the peanut butter and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with rice and fried plantains
I will be making this, definitely. Thank you so much.

Skinning them (boil/blanch/rub) is the most annoying part, if you can get preshelled pistachios (if not, shelling would be competing with skinning for worst part of the job). The super vibrant lively green… opposed to the deeper/woodsie brownish green? Are almost 2 entirely different soups. Both absolutely worth trying.
I will be making this one as well. I love pistachios.

Leftover Pizza with Pepperoni, Ham, Canadian Bacon, Salami, Mushrooms and Extra Cheese
Earl Gray Tea

edit: is sunlight considered a food because right now I’m soaking it up because it hasn’t been out for like a week!

Last edited:
Falafels, Greek Salad, baby spinach, red cabbage winter spiced kraut, beetroot
2 squares sea salt caramel dark chocolate
Coffee

Back