• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What did you do today to work towards emotional regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a meeting with my psych nurse.
After that I sat in the waiting room until it was safe for me to leave (got very dysregulated during the meeting).
Made myself not isolate and starve myself, went to have a lunch in a public place.
Made a "don't lose your shit" list of things to do and not do.
Listened to soothing music.
Chatted briefly with a friend.Tried to remind myself that this, too, shall pass.

Physical activity.
I also thought through something logically, rather than cycling around with ruminations. I realised I had caused a situation (unwittingly) and that I can fix it up and make amends.
Breathing.
Being more organised.
Eating breakfast.
Taking my medication really early last night. That works much better for me.
Being more appropriate with people - as a result of working on emotional regulation = I am more able to manage myself and regulate myself emotionally.
Taking a break from highly stressful people. That has really helped not texting my sister.
Working towards goals.
Listening to and playing music helps me self soothe.
Making plans and writing lists.
Throwing out, recycling and giving away stuff that is not useful.
Working on my recovery and skills.
practising gratitude

Sat down and listened to feelings i'd been pushing away. Cried a bit and felt better. Got out a ton of thoughts in my diary. Reread my routine, noticed any resistance and felt/accepted/processed it instead of pushing through it. After dealt with feelings (or acknowledging and saying i'll come back to you at a different time) started on my routine with much less resistance.

A couple of DBT excercises. Mindfulness throughout the day. Forced myself to rest even though had critical work stuff pending. Wrapped self in soft blanket. Walked home rather than take bus. Made self drink more water and less wine. Tried to take day slowly. Affirmations to help self hatred self speak. Grounded with some essential oils and visualisations. Looked into thai chi and possibility of starting. Attempted practicing radical acceptance about one episode of inappropriate crying and meltdown today. Reminded self this is less than the rest of the week. Turned down social meet up and did self care instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back