What Is On Your Mind Right This Second?

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
I think it's normal @Rani G2 to assume the worst explanation if we are in doubt of others' behaviours and don't feel value about ourselves or trust in others or the relationship. I can't speak for @Teasel but if I guess right it probably has little or nothing to do with NPD, unless it's just ignorance of what that might infer, or prejudice based on comparing others one knows with it. Gently I say, if that mistrust is there maybe better to say, I miss you (Teasel), and ask if there was anything you did or said that caused hurt (I don't think so!).

I don't have NPD, but at some point a person has to decide to go out on a limb and look for the good things or contrasting evidence (or not). Right now most people are overly stressed and worried and feel beat(en). I just read today about an employee who confronted an irate anti-masking customer, spoke up, was spit on, and returned to her office and had a heart attack, 4 actually by the end of the day at 54 yrs old. The context (without ptsd) is quite something else, and JMHO but ptsd is a little like that context most of the time without a pandemic.

Hugs to you. 🤗

ETA , I suppose I would add (and there is nothing I've read about this and JMHO of what I experience and of what I've seen in others), but the presence of ptsd makes many simple things difficult- trust and focus being two. I think the average person can focus or hyperfocus more readily or longer or even exaggerate good aspects of any situation, without intrusive thoughts or memories or doubt, and take (more) heart in their reality or hopefullness or be trusting without the same inclination to exhaustion or doubt or fear. Even physical exhaustion is very impactful. But so too is fear, and seeking ways to protect yourself or waiting for the other shoe to drop, and therefore be inclined to mistrust, as the past taught us is necessary and only logical and can bear a heavy weight on what we expect of others or that others are possible of. Fear has many faces. 🤗

Last edited:

Rani G2

MyPTSD Pro
Gently I say, if that mistrust is there maybe better to say, I miss you (Teasel), and ask if there was anything you did or said that caused hurt (I don't think so!).
@bird_on_a_wire thanks for explaining, actually I was being honest and I wanted to know if I have said anything disrespectful? It isn’t my intention to sound reproachful. I like the way Teasel expresses herself but I felt that suddenly there was an interruption. I was never officially diagnosed with NPD, the one psychiatrist that mentioned NPD never did the relevant tests to confirm the Diagnosis.
Right now most people are overly stressed and worried
Yes!
Wishing you a good Day

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
@bird_on_a_wire thanks for explaining, actually I was being honest and I wanted to know if I have said anything disrespectful? It isn’t my intention to sound reproachful. I like the way Teasel expresses herself but I felt that suddenly there was an interruption. I was never officially diagnosed with NPD, the one psychiatrist that mentioned NPD never did the relevant tests to confirm the Diagnosis.

Yes!
Wishing you a good Day
What's NPD?

sonnet

New Here
Keeping it together tomorrow morning for my daughters and their families, especially the grandchildren, for the early morning annual Christmas Eve Breakfast at 8:30, at my house (a blessing but I have NO say on the time). then presents and hopefully cleanup?? I am just recovering from TKR and am all knotted up in my legs. I have got to try to cook bacon (oven) and chocolate gravy and biscuits. Everyone going to come HERE and cook what they are making! It is going to be NOISY (Which is a TRIGGER) and crowded, and I am going to feel responsible for taking care of everything despite the fact that I cannot get around. OMG just thinking about it takes my breath away!! You asked what is on my mind this second...

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Thinking how I had just said one of the worst things about masks is I can't smell bouquets, then unexpectedly got one yesterday that smelt like roses through the mask easily, yet they were not roses! Was really nice, used to get flowers all the time, and though they are totally gratuitous I realize I really love to get them. 😊 Though they froze not expecting them and having to walk, actually thought I'd give them to someone (but didn't realllly want to share lol), but that was besides the point. Was a lovely unexpected surprise. 😊