• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is Your Inner Child Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My inner child (or inner wise child??) wants me to know that my instinct to communicate in response to past familial and internal dysfunction was healthy. Just because it often led to further difficulty and pain does not mean the instinct was wrong or bad.

Younger
wants soothing, feels confused, needs me to cut the chords it's like she's in the hallway neither being left with mum or taken away, suspended in indecision
Eleven - feels heard and concerned that she won't be heard, a little bit anxious, little excited and liberated too, can feel her heart beginning to sing
Older - watching, a bit passive and mild disinterest

A little scared/apprehensive, hungry for someone to say with their actions, "I see you. I can receive you.", & grateful because today her fleet of protectors stood down a bit and therefore she was able to feel seen and received by T. Her protectors didn't let too much of it in because that would have overwhelmed her, but she does feel a level of nourishment. She feels heard. She feels hopeful that there is room for her, and that she can be trusted.

Mine speaks to me too, but I didn't realize it. She says "I'm hungry" alot. When I was maybe four and beyond, by the time we got to supper I was no longer hungry because it was at seven in the evening. Inner child would ask for food at around four. The answer was always No. By then I was beyond hungry by far.

I don't have one, but if I did I would say scared/ frightened.
You have no
Mine speaks to me too, but I didn't realize it. She says "I'm hungry" alot. When I was maybe four and beyond, by the time we got to supper I was no longer hungry because it was at seven in the evening. Inner child would ask for food at around four. The answer was always No. By then I was beyond hungry by far.

My inner child is happily satisfied when I eat bad stuff (ice cream, soda, potatoes, you know)....the stuff that adds weight....but quells the stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back