• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Another surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopykat

MyPTSD Pro
I don’t know where to put this. I did post sorta in my diary. I’m having another surgery tomorrow as a result of my injury from when I was attacked and a car accident earlier this month. They’re cutting off part of my bicep by the shoulder and screwing it back into the bone lower down. And checking to see if my rotator cuff needs to be repaired. I’ll be in a sling for at least a month. Next month will be 2 years since I was initially attacked and injured at my previous job. Just tired of all this stuff and scared about another surgery. And tired of all the pain. Maybe it’s time for a bionic arm and spine.

Hubby had rotatoy cuff and bicep repair a couple of years ago. He recovered quite well. Be sure you have lots of ice packs or a cooling pad for your shoulder. It will be your best friend. Also, do exactly as your doc tells you about not moving your arm. Be sure to also do all exercises the physical therapist gives you. Sleep in a recliner chair. Be patient. I wish you well! ...I need to have both of my shoulders done, my neck and low back done (again) and now a finger, as well, so I understand your concerns and tiredness of having surgery. In a couple of months your shoulder issue will be over...that is a positive for the future. :)

Thank you all for your kind words. I leave in about an hour. Stocked up on ice and ready to get this all over with!

Survived. Rotator cuff debridement and bicep tendonesis and debridement. Luckily not a full rotator cuff repair. Now I can’t sleep and am anxious to move on from this. Figures. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back