• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You Familiar With The Top Ten Distorted Cognitions?

Are You Familiar With The Top Ten Distorted Cognitions?

• Yes I am aware of the top ten distorted cognitions.

• No I am not at all aware of the top ten distorted cognitions.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya Link Removed

this might interest you?

I have to keep coming back to work on these ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I looked up Jumping to Conclusions and found this definition. Is this something different than a cognitive distortion or the same thing?

"Jumping to conclusions is a psychological term referring to a communication obstacle where one "judge or decide something without having all the facts; to reach unwarranted conclusions"."

This is something I engage in and I've noticed, looking back, that two of my worst therapists engaged in it as well. One of them even diagnosed me as being a survivor of satanic ritual abuse (SRA) based on a conference that she took. However she lacked all of the facts and prematurely diagnosed me according to the conference's guidelines for SRA. In the late 1980s SRA was the "in" diagnosis to get diagnosed with. When in fact there was no satanism involved in my abuse. There was ritualistic abuse and my father was a serial killer and incorporated some satanic elements in it. However, his abuse didn't follow along any satanic holidays, etc.

I am doing a lot of jumping to conclusions, mind reading and emotional reasoning at the moment.

This still blows me away! How few people know about this.

No I am not at all aware of the top ten distorted cognitions.139 vote(s) 67.8%

I didn't know about the distorted cognitions until I was on this forum and Anthony mentioned them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back