• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Art Thread

20221111_001455.jpg

This was a semi blind contour in ink with watercolours. I painted it in landscape orientation but think it looks much better portrait.

View attachment 62886
This was a semi blind contour in ink with watercolours. I painted it in landscape orientation but think it looks much better portrait.
Teasel, this is beautiful artwork! Very boldly expressed without any hesitation or uncertainty. Then too, your watercolor medium is never totally under your control ..this requires a great degree of flexibility on your part - to just go with it and trust in your work's outcome.

As for this pose - I've always felt safer sleeping on my side with my knees drawn upwards towards my chest - perhaps, if protecting my more vulnerable front-side. During my 20's, I actually felt safer sleeping on the floor between my bed and against the wall. I also always need a blanket covering me, even during the hot summer or I'll feel too vulnerable.

This was a quick sketch in brush & ink, no pencil sketch beforehand. Mistakes made but I still love something about it, excites me.
View attachment 62906
Teasel, this is nice work! Did you draw this from a live model, a photograph, your imagination or what? Drawing the human figure like this takes years of practice! I sometimes draw faces, figures and animals using only my imagination and it's difficult.

Back