• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cbt i am not sure anything will work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Institutionalized abuse is horrific to endure. I’m sorry for what you have been through.

Last time I trusted was before July 1977.
Trust isn’t always a feeling. Trust also isn’t all or nothing.sometukes trust and mistrust can be all mixed up together.

For a long time, I didn’t have enough trust to even walk into the door to meet with a therapist. I couldn’t even tell my therapist the abuse or give her the records until years into therapy. I still am working on telling her.

It takes courage to walk in door. There is some level of trust to hand over records too.

You have done some amazing work. I can understand why you feel and think it’s hopeless, but I see much reason to keep on the good path that you are on.

If more trust seems impossible - consider avoiding mistrust instead. This has helped me when I thought trust was impossible.

RecoveringfromPTSD

I am in awe you are here and writing about this. I truly do not know what to say but I can feel even at this state and your experience, you still have an impact on others to relate to you and feel empathy for your pain.

All I want to say is I am sorry someone did this to you in the past and that caused you to lose complete trust. You are here and you are touching others in a deeply way. That is one of the value of you being here.

Thanks for sharing your story. It is so easy for me to get lost in my own world. We are all connected. Just this moment at work, I am reading your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back