• šŸ’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] šŸ’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

Hahaha. Oh well, at least you don't have Drop Bears. šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚
True that!
I tuned out with some quality (or not so quality) Aussie soap opera. šŸ˜
<chuckling> MacLeodā€™s Daughters always makes me wonder if Aus is trying to get young people to take up ranching. No no! There are hot guys in helos and gorgeous girls on EVERY ranch! Come one! Come all! Please. Really.

Still. Itā€™s a guilty pleasure. Even if one of the brothers could be MY brother (itā€™s creepy, the actor and my baby bro could be twins, so heā€™s RIGHT OFF the yummy list!)... all the pretty horses. ā™„ļø And not bad looking blokes! (Minus my not-brother. Whoā€™s still good looking, just... nope!)

Last edited:
Itā€™s not called ranching, though, is it? Itā€™s cattle & sheep stations, not ranches, right? So whatā€™s the lifestyle called? Stationing? Iā€™ve never been quite clear on the terminology... but that doesnā€™t seem right?

Round here... (roughly)... farms do plants, ranches do animals, vineyards do grapes for wine. But there are sheep farms, horse farms/stud farms, pig farms, poultry farms, etc. And ranches with thousands of acres of plantlike profit. Shrug. Consensus isnā€™t something weā€™re good at, Stateside. More farms back east, more ranches out west. But itā€™s all fairly loosey goosey .

Last edited:
True that!

<chuckling> MacLeodā€™s Daughters always makes me wonder if Aus is trying to get young people to take up ranching. No no! There are hot guys in helos and gorgeous girls on EVERY ranch! Come one! Come all! Please. Really.
Most of our countryside in Australia isn't even that green, I have been told it is digitally edited for overseas viewing to make it look less dry! šŸ˜‚

Most of our countryside in Australia isn't even that green, I have been told it is digitally edited for overseas viewing to make it look less dry! šŸ˜‚
Bwaaaaahahahaha! šŸ˜† Thereā€™s a shitton of Canadian shows (filmed in Vancouver) with the same kind of edit. To make the sky blue instead of grey/white, and the hills verdant green instead of black green. Cracks me the hell up. 20 years ago they used a certain lens, you can see it if you know to look, becuase itā€™s too uniform. Popping reds/greens below & blues above.

I often wonder if my not-brother might actually BE my half brother. ((I always WANTED an older brother!!!) My dad was a super young/single US Navy sailor making port all over Oceania & SE Asia right about the time that lad was conceived. Does my head in. If the man WASNā€™T famous, and Iā€™d just met him on the street or something, Iā€™d ask him for a DNA test. Being famous changes the rules a smidge. Nope. Not gonna be the crazy-lady hassling you. Best wishes, though, & truly.

The weather here where I live is pretty good. We do have a mild winter, warm fall and spring and not too hot of a summer. We do get heavy rains now and then and the occasional tail end of a hurricane. Right now we are in mid to late fall, so the rains have slowed down for now. I live in a National Forest. Also very near a Native American Reservation. We have mountains and lakes and rivers and this is a great place to live.

Itā€™s not called ranching, though, is it? Itā€™s cattle & sheep stations, not ranches, right? So whatā€™s the lifestyle called? Stationing? Iā€™ve never been quite clear on the terminology... but that doesnā€™t seem right?
Just called farming here. No, you're right, we don't use the word 'ranch'. We do sometimes call them cattle stations, otherwise we mainly just refer to them as farms.
Thereā€™s a shitton of Canadian shows (filmed in Vancouver) with the same kind of edit.
In lots of our shows like 'Neighbours' (probably don't get that one over there) they make out like our weather is super warm 24/7 too. People are always swimming. You see the poor actors wearing down-filled jackets off stage in winter and then they suddenly strip and are swimming in bikinis! lol. Northern parts are warm all year, but most parts like Victoria where that soap is filmed have pretty chilly winters. šŸ˜‚
We have mountains and lakes and rivers and this is a great place to live.
That sounds beautiful! I actually live in the small island state of Australia, called Tasmania (where Warners Bros Tassie Devil character comes from)! It's a beautiful part of the world. My house overlooks a small bay and I am very close to some of the most pristine beaches in the world, with the whitest sand you've ever seen. It keeps me pretty happy living here, although being further south it gets pretty chilly in winter... and also, you'd be surprised how often our state gets left off maps of Australia! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Another windy day here. Taking care of all of the fallen leaves. Anyone familiar with Dr. Joe dispenza? Iā€™ve been watching some of his videos about the brain. Talking about how our emotions are chemicals and how we can rewire our brains. I find it interesting. He also has a new book out called ā€˜becoming supernaturalā€ or something like that. I like the idea of being able to rewire my brain. But, curious what others think

Back