• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

Yay! Finally! 👍 🐳

I've been so thrown for a loop by all of this. If I had needed to wait for 2 weeks for help, I think I'd have wound up in the hospital. When I went down, I went down harder than I have in probably 10 years.
Yes finally! I need new meds and someone that actually understands my situation. I'm going to say to them aswell, it's been 12 years! Why don't you diagnose me with ptsd??
I could tell that you were having a really rough time, I'm glad it seems you are past the worst of it.

Yes finally! I need new meds and someone that actually understands my situation. I'm going to say to them aswell, it's been 12 years! Why don't you diagnose me with ptsd??
I could tell that you were having a really rough time, I'm glad it seems you are past the worst of it.
12 years?? Have you been trying to get help all that time? Do you mind me asking what you are diagnosed with?

I guess I ought to be grateful that I was on gabapentin for pain. I didn't know it treated mood disorders. But my mom told me about my stepdad's cancer probably 2.5 weeks after the last of my Lithium and everything went nuts, pretty much instantly after that. Granted, all this moving and crap feels like it created a perfect storm, anyway. I wouldn't have been going off a mood stabilizer if I'd had a mood disorder dx with all this going on -- that's for sure.

I'm more impatient and short-tempered than normal, right now, but I am doing a lot better. Thanks.

I've been an out patient at the mental health services about 3 times over a 12 year period. They diagnosed me with 'recurrent depression ' and when I was getting bullied alot they tried to diagnose me with 'persistent delusional disorder '. I told them to 'f*ck off'!!

I don't hallucinate and I don't hear voices. I met someone who knew the people that were bullying me and she said that I was being bullied on a mammoth scale. So they gaslighted me and tried to make out I had psychosis.

I've been an out patient at the mental health services about 3 times over a 12 year period. They diagnosed me with 'recurrent depression ' and when I was getting bullied alot they tried to diagnose me with 'persistent delusional disorder '. I told them to 'f*ck off'!!
Oh no!
I am sorry. That is unhelpful.
Then, of course, you arguing with them about it makes you look more delusional, right?

I was not diagnosed with PTSD until about 6 years ago, as I think I recently told you. I had flashbacks that were called hallucinations and I remember arguing with the doc when I was 21 because I knew I was having flashbacks, but he didn't think so. Granted, I admit that I do sometimes fall into mildly delusional thinking patterns, but I've been really looking at it and I don't think I do it unless I am having a major mood issue, which lands me in bipolar territory, not schizoaffective, as I was originally categorized.

PTSD seems to really confuse doctors. Some of them recognize trauma only in very specific places.

I am sorry you have gone through this. It's frustrating. I ended up giving up completely, only to end up with a PTSD diagnosis 15 years later.

Yeah i just hope this new doctor is better. I'm so tired of all their shit. Lying in reports and just making things up that I've never said. I made complaints about them and my gp docter apologised to me. Oh well! I try to have a positive outlook despite these things.

Yes there is one organisation that hasn't let me down. They are called futures in mind and they are a mental health recovery group. Since lockdown the lady calls me once every 2 weeks to check on me. She is very nice and understanding.

Yes there is one organisation that hasn't let me down. They are called futures in mind and they are a mental health recovery group. Since lockdown the lady calls me once every 2 weeks to check on me. She is very nice and understanding.
That's great. I am glad that you are getting that.
Does your mum come by every day? And bring food? I admit that I am a little jealous.

Ghanging4Best-I had a rat in my basement last summer. Don't know how it got in. I used those sticky glue traps and caught it the first day. It was awful. My husband had to get it.

Back