• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

Good on you for improving your diet @Survivor3 rooting for you, I'm pretty diabetic too. Have been for years actually.

Think theMirtazapone and Quetiapinr have been dreadful for my weight and blood sugar levels actually.

The old adage that crash diets or losing a lot of weight doesn't help your health has been quashed. Seriously, take a look on yt for Low Carb Downunder.

I've been doing Keto which is a bit further along than just low carb. It's been quite the journey for me. I wasn't diabetic but I think I would've been pushing pre-diabetic or obese.

Are you looking to lose weight?

The old adage that crash diets or losing a lot of weight doesn't help your health has been quashed. Seriously, take a look on yt for Low Carb Downunder.

I've been doing Keto which is a bit further along than just low carb. It's been quite the journey for me. I wasn't diabetic but I think I would've been pushing pre-diabetic or obese.

Are you looking to lose weight?
No my weight isn't really a probkem.

I've a couple of friends who sort of scoffed at my diet but I did it under supervision of my dr. She's all for it and is trying to get a lot of her clients to go onto it.

I do intermittent fasting as well which means in short that I only eat btwn an five or six hour window (2 - 8) each day. That lowers my blood sugars, reduces my insulin spikes and I'm still steadily losing weight but not hungry at all and blood glucose levels are normal throughout 24 hr cycle.

Have you heard of low carb or Keto or intermittent fasting?

Good on you for improving your diet @Survivor3 rooting for you, I'm pretty diabetic too. Have been for years actually.

Think theMirtazapone and Quetiapinr have been dreadful for my weight and blood sugar levels actually.
the thing is, I have food deregulation and don't eat properly.often because of stress. I haven't cooked properly for a really long time. So it's a bit scary. I have to start making changes.

Then this type of diet could work for you because it is so simple. It relies primarily on high fat, medium protein and low carbs. It's cheap, easy to prepare very satisfying in terms of satiety.

Good luck - I hope your visit to the nurse goes well.

Honestly take a look at Dr Michael Mosley's story. He's not a crack-pot. His father died of complications of diabetes. He got his condition back into remission and he's helped thousands of people to do the same. Google him - it's enlightening to find a way forward. He's got eating plans, books etc.

Or do what I did and wing it under medical supervision. I'm now told to start slowing up the weight loss and start building more muscle and I'm a yoyo in terms of being seriously under-weight, going over-weight and now returning to a good weight. ugh.. not nice either believe me.

Again, best of luck for your eating going forward.

@Survivor3 You did well with your chicken pie and vegetables. I hear you that change is scary. Has food dysregulation been an issue for a long time? I don't think I've heard of that, what is it like?

@Survivor3 You did well with your chicken pie and vegetables. I hear you that change is scary. Has food dysregulation been an issue for a long time? I don't think I've heard of that, what is it like?
yeah I've had it for years. It just means that you don't eat regularly or properly. Like I hardly ever eat breakfast and don't eat until late in the day. Don't get me wrong, mum brings food round bless her and I order takeaways but otherwise it's microwave meals or sandwiches.

Back