• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coffee

Teasel

Sponsor
Do you like coffee? Drink it often? What kind(s) do you like?

And how do you buy it / make it?
Instant, ground, beans, or to go from a coffee shop etc

Which kind of coffee do you like? Or do you have no idea or preference?

Decaff or poky as poss?

There is a baffling array of coffees available to buy and I'm just getting into coffee a little having had years where I couldn't tolerate caffeine and being a dedicated tea drinker.

Have bough a Hario coffee grinder and am gonna see what I think of fresh ground coffee.

Love to hear what you all like / dislike about different coffees 🙂

I drink Eight O Clock coffee since I use cream and sugar free vanilla syrup in it. I like my coffee strong so I can wake up and do my morning chores. I buy coffee in a bag, Amazon has some pretty decent coffee of their own brand. Happy Belly, I believe.

I like Columbian and Italian Roast best. Nice and bold! My son drinks Donut Shop Blend, which is a mild, easy to drink variety.

I love coffee, but I am not a connoisseur by any means. I just buy the cheap decaf at Aldi and usually mix it with Tim Horton's regular coffee - 3 parts decaf, 1 part caffeinated - and then make it in my cheap drip machine. Black only.

I miss drinking nice strong coffee, but my anxiety has gotten much better since I stopped drinking that.

Short Version - Favorites

• Machine = Moka-Pot (Grosche body & Bialetti basket)
  • Coffee = Cafe Bustello / Cafe Bustello Supreme / Illy
  • Sugar = Muscavado / Sugar in the raw (just enough to NOT take the edge off the bitter as hell, or for a lovely spun sugar caramel foam when making cafecito/Cuban coffee)
  • Drinks = Espresso & Cafecito
I also own an ibrik (Turkish & Arab coffee), & a French Press that I use more for loose leaf tea.

One of these days I need to get my Swiss burl grinder out of storage so I can try making hot chocolate 1600s style, by grinding the nibs into “grounds”

I have never had a cup of coffee in my life (in my 50's). It is actually a silly story but as a kid the only fun thing we had in the summer was to meet the mailman when he would deliver the mail (lived out in the country closest neighbor was 2 miles away) and he would give you a piece of candy but it was always coffee flavored candy and I hated it because my siblings teased me that I was the mailman's kid as I didn't look like any of my siblings. Then when I was pregnant with my oldest I was waiting tables on the opening shift for a breakfast diner and we went through tons of coffee, well I discovered I was pregnant because the smell of coffee (brewing, pouring etc) would set off my morning sickness and it was the worst several weeks of my life. I would wait on a table then run to the bathroom to dry heave. Ever since the smell of coffee still makes me nauseated, morning business meetings where everyone is drinking coffee, I have to take anti-nausea meds so that I can get through them.

On the other hand, I am an avid tea drinker. Hot tea, the blacker the better, no sugar, no milk I have always joked that I would make good Brit. LOL

Eight O Clock coffee
I've never heard of this, what is it?
3 parts decaf, 1 part caffeinated
Reckon this would suit me to a T :)
would set off my morning sickness and it was the worst several weeks of my life.
Sounds it! Not surprised you prefer tea :).
Brits generally liked milky tea best?
Yes, I have only come across a handful of peeps who drink it black.

Loving everyone's replies, such individual differences hey, keep em coming

Back