• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Current Weather

Winter storm. Snow. We had 8 inches 5 days ago and it was just starting to melt and we got 6 more. We will get more tomorrow. I have to shovel paths for the chickens since they won't go out in the snow.

snow, no big deal. Bigger deal is we have power! Never lost it!
Being rural has always meant power outages. When I responded to a car accident (first responder) I knew it would be a rough one if my power was out. It was also a good reason to take a shower at the city station if they had power there because the rural guys wouldn't get it back until the next day usually. We got predisastered by an ice storm last year and all the weak powerlines fell then, we hope.
Telephone and power poles become a high-value target when the roads are snow-covered like they are now. One good whack and all of us spend a day eating soup cooked on a wood stove.

80F, sunshine and haven't got to wear any of my new winter clothes YET!!! It was like this last year, then after the new year we had a snowstorm which is unheard of in this part of Texas. Rolling blackouts because our infrastructure is set up for Texas heat, not snow and freezing!!! So hoping we don't have a replay of last year!!

I know @Friday, we get STUPID when it snows here. I live 30 miles East of Austin!!! We get tiny bits of ground cover occasionally and we still get stupid!!! Texas stayed home those few days last year!!!

And yes, no matter what or where you start, it takes at least 2 1/2 to to 3 days to get thru Texas!!!!

Back