• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Did You Sleep Last Night?

Not good, because of various medical conditions I have difficulty getting to sleep, I can't stay asleep, I awake several times per night, then I sleep too much ...the result is that I am tired all the time and do not feel rested. I managed 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep last night.

Great! Right up until I mistook local construction for bombs.

(To be fair, driving the pilings for a 6 lane bridge spanning the better part of a mile? Will hit seismographs a few hundred miles away, and the sound can be heard upwards of 25 miles away like thunder, and I’m only maybe 8 miles away? On the water. That carries sound like nobody’s business. In the dead of night, only more so. Outstanding.)

The fighter jets streaking by overhead only moments later? Added. To. The. Calm. <cough>

Let me also take this moment to thank Air Traffic Confrol for changing the approach vector with Daylight Savings (yesterday) so we ALSO had the whistling squeal of some dumb jet throwing on it’s breaks and banking right overhead. As all of this was going on.

All of this I can logically parse.

After the fact

Pity emotions don’t logic so hot.

And neurotransmitters aren’t exactly known for waiting until after freaking anything.

Thanks, Brain. This test of the Emergency Broadcast Netwoek appears to be working tickety boo! Now, how about we try for the Olympic Napping Record??? 😴 On your mark! Ready! Set! Sleep??? Please? Just for a few hours, maybe? You can sleep with real bombs raining debris down, maybe a motherf*cking bridge can rate a nap???

That’s a good collection of sleep.. :-)

Why thank you! I am also impressed 😆 . I don't usually tally it up like that but we moved 19 days ago and the night we got here, I slept like a rock for the first time in months. One night since the move I was pretty sore and had trouble sleeping but all the rest of the time it has been smooth sailing in the sleep department -- no pills, just natural sleeping. It's pretty surreal, really.

I fell asleep on the couch and got into bed at 5.30 am. Slept pretty good. I'm taking stronger anti depressants now. 45mg of mirtazapine. I feel better for it. I haven't really dreamt for a couple of days but I'm happy about that because I can have pretty weird f*cked up dreams that leave me traumatised and set me up for a shitty day.

I fell asleep on the couch and got into bed at 5.30 am. Slept pretty good. I'm taking stronger anti depressants now. 45mg of mirtazapine. I feel better for it. I haven't really dreamt for a couple of days but I'm happy about that because I can have pretty weird f*cked up dreams that leave me traumatised and set me up for a shitty day.
I had very interesting dreams on mirtazapine but I felt like I slept really well on it even during the Portland protest flash grenades. Unfortunately, it also made me hallucinate which I seem to have a problem with when it comes to chemicals. For sleeping, though, yeah, great stuff -- glad it's working for you!

I am very grateful that my sleep is good. My issue is that I have trouble falling asleep but once I do, I need 12-18 hrs of sleep. I am so tired all of the time. I have gained 40 lbs sleeping all the time. I wish I could wake up and stay awake after 8-10 hrs.

Back