• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How To Post Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodge

MyPTSD Pro
Does anyone know how to post a photo here from the photo software in Microsoft? Sorry, my husband and I are pretty computer illiterate, except when it comes to what we need to know for work.

I recently got a new printer with a scanner and I started scanning photos of our dog and cats. I ran across an older thread here with some cute animal pictures, and thought it might be fun to start a new thread on this. I just can't figure out how to get the photos from my computer to here.

Do you know how to save the photos from your software onto your hard drive? If you don't, it's difficult to help you because I don't know what photo imaging software you have, etc. If you do, then it's fairly easy. Save your photos on your desktop. Then when you post, look under additional options, and click on the "manage attachments" button. A little window will pop up. Under "Upload files from your computer" click the browse button next to each field, find each photo individually on the desktop and select it. Then click "upload". You won't see your photos right away, but when you post your message they will be there.

I hope that was somewhat understandable.

I think I saw how to save photos on my computer. I'll try your instructions later. This also helps motivate me to get my disposable camera film developed and get another one. Plus, our kitten clearly idolizes our dog, and we've got to start getting pictures of some of their interactions.

Thanks very much!

Testing photo posting - oops, not yet.

Evie, I think I figured out how to do this, but I see that my real name is in the long file name for the image. Will anybody be able to see this?

Are you referring to the file name or the path? The path is the long string in front of the filename, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\Evie\My Documents\filename.jpg

The file name is just the last part, filename.jpg. When you upload a photo, people will be able to see the file name only, not the path. Hope that makes sense.

1. save the scanned pic on your hard drive. Make sure you know where it is.
2. in the quick reply box click on "advanced"
3. scroll down and click on "manage attachments"
4. click on "browse" and select the pic you want to attach. You have up to five you can attach.
5. click on "upload" and it will automatically upload the pic(s) from your hard drive.
And it's done!

Like this-

Attachments

• Pee-Wee-Herman--C10042164.jpeg
    Pee-Wee-Herman--C10042164.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 230
Yes, I'm talking about the path. Okay, good. I'm going to scan a couple more then try it again.

Looks like it worked Hodge, congrats. Cute dog and cat! We have an orange cat at home too. His name is Fat Bastard.

Yes he's pretty fat, I'll post a picture showing his fatness when I get home. He's named after the Austin Powers character Fat Bastard though, originally just because he was orange. Our other cats are Mr. Peabody and Chairman Meow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back