• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I don't know what I'm doing but I need to put this down somewhere

Sure I understand. It can be quite the mess to sort through. But you're doing it. And I'm happy for you!

It helps me to write out the negative thoughts/beliefs

Then read them once I've calmed down/leveled out. And ask myself if they are true.

How you feel is pretty normal for our situations.
Listening as you sort it out!
I really appreciate it 😭

I always forget about writing them down. I have a lot of old notes on my phone that I go back to and reread and I'm like "yikes dude" to myself but it goes back to shame really fast. Like shaming myself for how I felt in that past moment

I really appreciate it 😭

I always forget about writing them down. I have a lot of old notes on my phone that I go back to and reread and I'm like "yikes dude" to myself but it goes back to shame really fast. Like shaming myself for how I felt in that past moment
see, now you see what you can change.

I have had many yikes moments!
I was ready to go to jail to hurt someone hurting me.

That's not my character or nature.
They did a lot to hurt me.

Just like I'm sure there's valid reasons for the things you've needed to write down. <3

Try to take it easy with yourself if you can. But keep writing when you need to and I'm here :)

My partner is actively running from their trauma and mental health and I'm sorry for centering myself - I'm so f*cking stressed out. My support system right now is Me Only™️ and this forum. And I'm supposed to be starting EMDR soon??? You got me f*cked up dude, about to smoke my brains out

I'm sorry @goosegoose , is it the nightmares again?

I feel terror in most of my nightmares.

It's important to be stable-ish for EMDR, I would think? Maybe need to pull back a bit?

PS< I love geese. 😊
Just being alive 🥲 no nightmares lol but my dreams, yeah, vivid lately. Normally terror in mine too like you said.

Also yeah I'm really worried about EMDR now that my support system has been stripped so much. We haven't started on the actual EMDR yet, still trust building and stuff.

Thank you for the last PS, you're so sweet lol. It's been my nickname for a handful of years and I've grown to love geese too as a result. As long as they don't bite me lol

Back