• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Medical malpractice victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane19

New Here
I am a medical malpractice victim from a surgery gone horribly wrong. I lost my entire life and my friends have moved on. I live everyday in intense fear and anxiety. Seeing if maybe others have gone through this. I am very isolated

I needed surgery on my jaw and the surgeon ruined my entire face. Can't have a social life anymore because I am no longer accepted.
oh no that's terrible. Can you take them to court? Very sorry for you. Is there nothing anyone can do?

I needed surgery on my jaw and the surgeon ruined my entire face. Can't have a social life anymore because I am no longer accepted.
Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with something so overwhelming without any supportive friends, etc. Even though I can't completely relate to your story because mine is very different from yours, I can relate to feeling like your friends and life are moving on without you. That's a terrible feeling, and you should not have to feel that way ever. I'm new here too, but I already know that you will be accepted here. I really hope that you soon find all the support you need and deserve.

oh no that's terrible. Can you take them to court? Very sorry for you. Is there nothing anyone can do?
I tried but because on paper it showed they did the procedure right, I can't get am attorney. The medical system blames my body instead for not healing right

Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with something so overwhelming without any supportive friends, etc. Even though I can't completely relate to your story because mine is very different from yours, I can relate to feeling like your friends and life are moving on without you. That's a terrible feeling, and you should not have to feel that way ever. I'm new here too, but I already know that you will be accepted here. I really hope that you soon find all the support you need and deserve.
Thank you. I really need support. I'm suffering to the point that I don't feel alive anymore

I tried but because on paper it showed they did the procedure right, I can't get am attorney. The medical system blames my body instead for not healing right
That's f*cked up. There are lots of supportive here. What's your relationship like with your family?

That's a shame. Alot of people here have family problems. Have you considered therapy?
Therapy doesn't help. They just throw around cliches, like it's not about looks. Well in real life it is about looks if you don't look normal anymore. One told me to take a supplement and it ruined my face more. So I don't trust them

Hello @Jane19. I am very sorry you are going through this. People can be very ridiculous.

I was born with a severe cleft lip and palate and a jaw deformity that can go along with the other two. I've had 15+ surgeries and many of them did not go as planned and some messed me up worse which was absolutely devastating.

Though, I got the opportunity to be acclimated to my situation. I know that facial changes can be much more tragic when one is used to looking "normal" and then suddenly does not. It has to be hard.

There are a lot of supportive folks here, but I hope you are able to find some help in real life, too. It sounds like you are having a very hard time.

Hello @Jane19. I am very sorry you are going through this. People can be very ridiculous.

I was born with a severe cleft lip and palate and a jaw deformity that can go along with the other two. I've had 15+ surgeries and many of them did not go as planned and some messed me up worse which was absolutely devastating.

Though, I got the opportunity to be acclimated to my situation. I know that facial changes can be much more tragic when one is used to looking "normal" and then suddenly does not. It has to be hard.

There are a lot of supportive folks here, but I hope you are able to find some help in real life, too. It sounds like you are having a very hard time.
Thank you. I've been to every top surgeon and no one can fix it. My entire life is ruined and I'm in constant mourning for my face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back