• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death My grandfather passed away this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grief straight up sux and I am so sorry that you are having to deal with the loss of your grandfather. :( I understand all to well the heartache that can follow such a loss. Please be extra loving towards yourself just as you have done for me when grieving the loss of my sister.

We deserve to be comforted and surrounded by those that love and care for us during such a time as this. Please know that my heart goes out to you and that I wish you peace and comfort. May the happy memories that are in your mind live on in your heart and soul always.

:hug:'s
Your friend,
Lion

Thank you, all. From my heart.

We're having a private family gathering tomorrow for my grandfather at what used to be his & my grandmother's house; it's in the possession of their children (my dad & aunty) now.
Everyone else who would have attended his funeral; his friends, etc., have already all passed.
It's just family left.
So it makes more sense to have a private gathering; he definitely wouldn't have wanted a big funeral for the sake of it. I can hear his voice in my head asking us "what are you doing that for?" if we were to have an elaborate ceremony. It makes me smile. Stay with me, Pop.

I'm nervous, for tomorrow.
Those here who know a little about me know how much I struggle with showing any emotion around my family; stuff from childhood and adolescence that I still need to work through.
Maybe I'll just try to keep myself together during the day, knowing that I can break down that night once I'm safe in bed.
A major difference between the time when my grandmother passed, and now, is that I'm no longer with my abuser, nor living under his roof. Which means that it is safe in bed, and it is safe to cry or even just look sad.

Grief is so much worse when bottled up and when alone.
Grateful for the ability to feel emotion, even if I'll need to suppress it whilst around my family.
Grateful for the support here that helps me to feel less alone.
And grateful for the memories with you.. of you.. Pop.

I was a real mess about my Grandad, because Gpa was one of my best friends. Me and doggo were lucky to be there to sit with him through his last hours.

I’ve cried a lot (weird for me), and because it was pretty well known among our family that me and him had a special relationship, I wasn’t particularly worried about crying in front of family.

Oddly, I turned out to be the only one at the funeral who didn’t cry. Not because I was holding it all back deliberately - it was just how I was in the moment.

However your emotion plays out? Try and be okay with it. If you cry, if you don’t, if you find yourself in some other emotional wave (guilt, anger, joy, etc), just try and notice it and give it space. There is no right way to grieve, and if anyone comments on any display of emotion (or apparent lack of emotion if you end up putting up the walls), just let it pass.

There is, for me, gratitude that I got to know a guy like him. When I let the waves of sadness do there thing? My head always ends up there in the end. Hope you get to that space too:)

There is, for me, gratitude that I got to know a guy like him. When I let the waves of sadness do there thing? My head always ends up there in the end. Hope you get to that space too
That's a really great way to look at it.

Sorry for your loss. (Both of you, actually.) But I'm also glad you had cool grandfathers who were well worth missing.

Funeral was today.
I'm home now, and completely shattered.

I've got leftovers I warmed up for dinner, a big mug of tea, my hot water bottle, Netflix for distraction.
Tweeter is chirping. I just told him I love him.
There is, for me, gratitude that I got to know a guy like him. When I let the waves of sadness do there thing? My head always ends up there in the end. Hope you get to that space too:)
Thinking of your words, @Sideways .
I wish I was at that place already; grief is just so painful, you know?

I don't know if it's just me, but grief tends to find other grief; unprocessed trauma grief; and cling onto it. As if today wasn't hard enough in itself.

He was my last living grandparent.

I'm finding it really difficult to cope with this news, on top of a stress cup that was already pretty full.

I miss him.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always hard when a loved one dies. ( I lost my mother just a few months ago) So I know that it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back