• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services So, what works? what were you offered?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44517
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to that. One of the more "memorable" calls from my stint in our comm centre was a hysterical young woman whose husband had collapsed and wasn't breathing. I could hear their young children screaming in the background for daddy to wake up. The call was forwarded to me and I instructed her on how to do CPR as we were getting everyone rolling. She lived in a remote rural area and I knew the best response time was going to be 15 minutes at best so it was up to the two of us.

It was 18 minutes before the volunteer fire dept arrived and it was one of the longest 18 minutes I have ever put in. I could tell before they got there that he was gone, and he was.

I went into the washroom and balled. Got my shit together and went back out onto the floor to finish another shift.

Yea--- and then we wonder why we burn out or become so numb we can't function in life anymore. Day after Day, Year after Year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back