What Did You Eat And Drink Last?

Tornadic Thoughts

MyPTSD Pro
Finally made some vegan alfredo sauce and Oh My Garden! Good stuff! Made it with:

1 cup soaked raw cashews (soaked for a few hours)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup (heaping) nutritional yeast
1 tsp dijon mustard (I was out of that, so I used spicy brown, instead)
1 tsp. garlic powder
2-4 tbs. chopped onion (I used red and 4 tbsp worth)

Blend until smooth and creamy. I used a vitamix. Tastes better than the store bought stuff I used to love to eat each week.

Mixed in some steamed broccoli florets and served it over gluten-free quinoa/brown rice rotini pasta, along with a side salad of baby spinach, celery, avocado, a dollop of curried chickpea salad, and a drizzle of papaya poppy seed dressing.

I also made some quinoa/chickpea/avocado/hemp hearts/flax seed flatbread seasoned with nutritional yeast, dulse flakes, garlic powder, and oregano...but had that for lunch with some of the curried chickpea salad.

Been a long but rather tasty and productive day in the kitchen.

Tornadic Thoughts

MyPTSD Pro
Mashed homegrown potatoes, topped with my first attempt at a vegan gravy...made with sauteed/browned sweet onion/soaked raw cashews/garlic, garbanzo bean flour, water, salt, pepper, liquid amino...simmered for a bit, then blended until smooth....damn good stuff....served with steamed mixed veggies.

Also, a rare dessert appearance....a grain-free apple crumble thingy made with apples, dates, peanut butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice...more time consuming than the recipe indicated and I was prepared for, and will likely not be made again anytime soon, but it was damn good.

Sipped on a warm lemon/ginger/burdock root infusion and some water now. I like keeping the oven/stove busy on these cold ass days...in between taking breaks with the hula hoops, heating pad, and fuzzy blanket/robe...warms up my innards and my outards.

Tornadic Thoughts

MyPTSD Pro
After my usual hydration routine, I had dessert for break-fast. Grain-free apple crumble bars....sort of streusel-like....and that little bit of peanut butter in the recipe really kicked the flavors up a notch from my usual vegan apple crumble attempts. If it wasn't so damn cold, I'd make some banana/vanilla bean nice cream to top it off with. Will be leftover surfing the rest of the day while I plot my next kitchen adventure.