• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Eat And Drink Last?

Finally made some vegan alfredo sauce and Oh My Garden! Good stuff! Made it with:

1 cup soaked raw cashews (soaked for a few hours)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup (heaping) nutritional yeast
1 tsp dijon mustard (I was out of that, so I used spicy brown, instead)
1 tsp. garlic powder
2-4 tbs. chopped onion (I used red and 4 tbsp worth)

Blend until smooth and creamy. I used a vitamix. Tastes better than the store bought stuff I used to love to eat each week.

Mixed in some steamed broccoli florets and served it over gluten-free quinoa/brown rice rotini pasta, along with a side salad of baby spinach, celery, avocado, a dollop of curried chickpea salad, and a drizzle of papaya poppy seed dressing.

I also made some quinoa/chickpea/avocado/hemp hearts/flax seed flatbread seasoned with nutritional yeast, dulse flakes, garlic powder, and oregano...but had that for lunch with some of the curried chickpea salad.

Been a long but rather tasty and productive day in the kitchen.

Mashed homegrown potatoes, topped with my first attempt at a vegan gravy...made with sauteed/browned sweet onion/soaked raw cashews/garlic, garbanzo bean flour, water, salt, pepper, liquid amino...simmered for a bit, then blended until smooth....damn good stuff....served with steamed mixed veggies.

Also, a rare dessert appearance....a grain-free apple crumble thingy made with apples, dates, peanut butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice...more time consuming than the recipe indicated and I was prepared for, and will likely not be made again anytime soon, but it was damn good.

Sipped on a warm lemon/ginger/burdock root infusion and some water now. I like keeping the oven/stove busy on these cold ass days...in between taking breaks with the hula hoops, heating pad, and fuzzy blanket/robe...warms up my innards and my outards.

After my usual hydration routine, I had dessert for break-fast. Grain-free apple crumble bars....sort of streusel-like....and that little bit of peanut butter in the recipe really kicked the flavors up a notch from my usual vegan apple crumble attempts. If it wasn't so damn cold, I'd make some banana/vanilla bean nice cream to top it off with. Will be leftover surfing the rest of the day while I plot my next kitchen adventure.

Back