What Is On Your Mind Right This Second?

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Thank you @Teasel . I hope it improves at the refuge. 🤗

Yes well my heart's been sliced and diced, actually tossed around the thought this morning of self-harm being my next best, least harmful coping strategy, after hearing the suggestion. Surely there must be another way however. I really feel like giving up, tbh.

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
I'm sorry I missed the edit time, was just going to say I know they say to not let other's words or opinions matter that much, but I think it's more difficult to do when that is the remaining people/ family, all that is there or left. I guess my personality or nature also.

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
I'm really sorry for your pain @Rosebud 💙🫂

It is easier said than done not to let others hurt us. And I agree, when you've very little if any social support, what hurtful words and actions takes from us isn't affordable.

The past quite a few years have been hell. Abuse and isolation both. And I think the isolation was harder than the abuse.

For years I've been holding on to what dregs of relationships I've had. I can't quite put it into words but I know there was some kind of decision that somehow I would make these relationships work like they didn't growing up. There was me trying to make my past better or someth8ng.

So anyway I hung on to the last few relationships I had for dear life. Course all it got me was years more abuse.

I've the feeling leaving could be really good for me. It could end up I meet new people, who aren't abusive, I could live free from abuse - ain't there yet but I'm not stopping in this refuge for good.

Something about there ain't the space for new people to come into your life if its all clogged up with abuse.

I mean what do you think?

Reckon I've a chance?

Would you consider life elsewehere?i

Hope I’ve not said anything out of turn.

Last edited:

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Hope I’ve not said anything out of turn.
^ Not at all @Teasel . I thank you and appreciate the candor. I agree very much.
Would you consider life elsewehere?i
In a heartbeat, were it not for commitments. Have even considered homelessness instead. Were it not for commitments.
Reckon I've a chance?
^ Yes despite the great difficulty of these steps I think you will have a wonderful new life @Teasel . I know you can do it- you are doing it already. 🤗

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Waiting for my Boss to call.

ETA, called, useless help. Need to talk again to her shortly. Can't stand this place, and body killing me. Enough of it too, of all of it and people.

Last edited: