1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people stop their medication cold turkey?

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by Snowflake, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

I think it was inner child Work. Being stuck in a memory.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. lostforgottensoul

lostforgottensoul I'm a VIP Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Hmm, I can relate to being stuck in memory @Snowflake. Could you communicate you being overwhelmed to your therapist. Or could you at the time. Not did you, but could you? Just trying to think of how to prevent it in the future is all.

Snowflake likes this.
  4. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

At the time no. I’m too overwhelmed and all the crazy parts tell me to stop meds, or don’t trust, or die.

She knows now-told her today over phone. She wants to know why-I see her Thursday.

5. lostforgottensoul

lostforgottensoul I'm a VIP Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Well, that's awesome! I think seeing that something may not have been the best choice, learning why you made that choice (and other choices sorrounding it), and then working to actively prevent it in the future is awesome! Well done there!

Lilfae and Snowflake like this.
  6. Lilfae

Lilfae New Member

I did once, when I was 18-19, because I simply gave it up, and just thinking of gradually lowering the dose made me exhausted. I had been on a couple of different ones without any effect, and the one I was on then gave me bad abstinence the last few hours before my daily dose. And I dissociated a LOT. And I didn't care one sh* about my health and safety, it was not any different than self harm to me.

Snowflake likes this.
Show Sidebar